Thread: Walk on by

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Walk on by

Attached Images Attached Images

6.08pm

and a 2yr old male leopard called Moyo walks right past my vehicle on the way to another evening hunting session as the first of the summer storms herald in the end of the long hot dry season here in the iconic and beautiful Ruaha Nat Park- Tanzania.

A lower angle with more of that dramatic sky was my initial vision for this scene, but not reading the script he changed tac and headed right past my vehicle at just the wrong moment.........oh well.

Off-road permit, HH, front pax seat, FF, curves, levels, TK adj's in ACR & PS CC'17

Nikon D810
    Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8
    f/8
    1/250s
    ISO320@ 24mm.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Iconic African scene, Marc. A different view but one that works very well, i think. Shame you missed the close encounter with the cat - I can imagine it in my mind's eye now. I'd be tempted to lift the exposure on the lower half of the frame a little (not the sky or tree outlines) to make this even better. Great work.

3. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Many thanks Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Pure View Post
    I'd be tempted to lift the exposure on the lower half of the frame a little (not the sky or tree outlines) to make this even better.
    Point taken, however as it was getting quite dark, wanting to keep my vision of reality and HDR, I settled on and happy with this version.

5. Thanks Glenn Pure thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Marc - A dramatic sunset scene. Too bad the leopard didn't fully cooperate with your vision. My first impression was that I would like to see the leopard just a little lighter/brighter to separate it from the fg slightly.

TFS,
    Rachel

7. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Marc,

Beautiful setting, love the landscape and a bit jealous about your leopard here, it must have been awesome to have him walk so close!

I also wonder whether you could "shed" a bit more light on him, but my second thought is it might look a bit awkward if he stands out too much.

Very special sighting, glad you managed to capture this, thank you so much for sharing

Have a lovely week-end,
    Gabriela Plesea

9. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Marc -- What a lovely scene , a true African delight ! I am missing my last trip to Africa quite a lot these days and seeing such images makes me fill with joy and at the same time make me slightest bit of jealous as well. Loved the idea behind the shot and the execution as well and a lovely animal to be part of the splendid scape. I too wish for some lifting of shadows from the subject but on the flip side the actual scene might become somewhat misleading.

Superbly done . TFS !

11. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a cracking african scene ! It just oozes wild africa !! Top class photography !! IMHO a LITTLE lightening of the bottom half will add.

13. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post