Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Dunlin

  1. #1
    Krishna Prasad Kotti Krishna Prasad kotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    548
    Threads
    112
    Thank You Posts

    Default Dunlin

    Attached Images Attached Images
     
    I was going through my images taken in Texas couple of years back and I found this one.

    I was happy I did not delete the same and processing it now.



    Nikon D7100, 300mm f/4 +1.4x TCII
    ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/1000 sec

    A little bit of heavy crop to remove distracting bird to the left of the dunlin. A little bit of beach clean up and Noise Reduction.


    Its always a happy day when you look at your previous image to find a good one.


    Let me know your thoughts, comments and feedback.

    Thank you for watching.

    Thanks
    Krishna
    https://krishnakotti.smugmug.com/

    Arise! Awake! and stop not until the goal is reached.
    -- Swami Vivekananda

  2. #2
    BPN Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Mansfield Center, CT
    Posts
    1,015
    Threads
    130
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I like the muted tones and golden light on the dunlin. Very nice to get the stretched worm too! The top dark horizontal draws my eye so i would suggest a crop without it... glad you saved this one!

  3. Thanks Krishna Prasad kotti thanked for this post
  4. #3
    Krishna Prasad Kotti Krishna Prasad kotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    548
    Threads
    112
    Thank You Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by annmpacheco View Post
    I like the muted tones and golden light on the dunlin. Very nice to get the stretched worm too! The top dark horizontal draws my eye so i would suggest a crop without it... glad you saved this one!
    Thank you for feedback.

    This is already a big crop so I was worried about cropping is more for issues with image quality
    https://krishnakotti.smugmug.com/

    Arise! Awake! and stop not until the goal is reached.
    -- Swami Vivekananda

  5. #4
    BPN Member Glenn Pure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    847
    Threads
    78
    Thank You Posts

    Default

    Krishna, this is really beautiful. The light, the worm, one leg bent, the tones and colours in the background and foreground... so many things make this. Composition works for me. Thanks for sharing and glad you found it! A shame to leave in languish in your archive.

  6. Thanks Krishna Prasad kotti thanked for this post
  7. #5
    Krishna Prasad Kotti Krishna Prasad kotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    548
    Threads
    112
    Thank You Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Pure View Post
    Krishna, this is really beautiful. The light, the worm, one leg bent, the tones and colours in the background and foreground... so many things make this. Composition works for me. Thanks for sharing and glad you found it! A shame to leave in languish in your archive.
    Thank you for the comments
    https://krishnakotti.smugmug.com/

    Arise! Awake! and stop not until the goal is reached.
    -- Swami Vivekananda

  8. #6
    BPN Member Isaac Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    1,368
    Threads
    171
    Thank You Posts

    Default

    Pose is very nice and getting the worm being pulled out is a big plus. I agree with Ann re the dark line. If you can't crop it out then I would clone it out. Should be easy to do. Also the shot has a strong yellow cast that I would remove.

  9. #7
    Krishna Prasad Kotti Krishna Prasad kotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    548
    Threads
    112
    Thank You Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Grant View Post
    Pose is very nice and getting the worm being pulled out is a big plus. I agree with Ann re the dark line. If you can't crop it out then I would clone it out. Should be easy to do. Also the shot has a strong yellow cast that I would remove.
    Thank you for the feedback.
    https://krishnakotti.smugmug.com/

    Arise! Awake! and stop not until the goal is reached.
    -- Swami Vivekananda

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Web Analytics