Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

or so?
    I think are 2 different kind of shoots

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gio - I prefer the wider view. The second is too severe a crop and undoubtedly affects IQ. For the wider view, I would prefer a bit more room below but I do think the other wildebeests running away adds to the story. Some of the blacks in the main wildebeest are choked.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the first post the most the animals running away gives the image some depth.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow, what a spectacular shot. A shame about the track in the foreground though (less obvious in the mid-ground luckily). I can't add to the comments on the technical side already made. However, I think there is great potential for a different crop - even though I don't usually go for portrait crops, I think this would be really interesting here to take in the lion, wilderbeest and up to the exiting herd.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I definately think the first story telling crop is the way to go with this. I hate tracks in wildlife images however in this image they are not obvious. Could you perhaps attempt to clone a part of them to break the uniformity? Dramatic story telling image
    Last edited by Basil Dardagan; 09-11-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Gio,

You have managed to capture the drama of the moment and the desperate look on the wildebeest's face makes this image for me. I too prefer the original post, not only IQ is better, IMO the presence of the WB herd tells the story. If you have it, a bit more at the bottom would benefit this frame. Agree with Rachel re. blacks - a tad chocked but I think the issue can be addressed with some careful PP work.

Hope to see more from this sighting if you have. Thank you so much for sharing Gio,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriela Plesea View Post
    Hello Gio,

You have managed to capture the drama of the moment and the desperate look on the wildebeest's face makes this image for me. I too prefer the original post, not only IQ is better, IMO the presence of the WB herd tells the story. If you have it, a bit more at the bottom would benefit this frame. Agree with Rachel re. blacks - a tad chocked but I think the issue can be addressed with some careful PP work.

Hope to see more from this sighting if you have. Thank you so much for sharing Gio,

Kind regards,
    Thanks Gabriela
    no more gnu on the top ..also a different position of the situatio

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gio -- i think i liked the above frame the best , showing the drama and also the face of the assassin but in your original post it was a story from the wildebeest's perspective with its eye telling all the agony it is facing. so two different expressions from a same scenario , i guess Gabriela would love it in the story sequence forum .

Details are a bit crunchy in both the versions, the blacks look strong IMO , can be easily worked upon .

TFS !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb badar View Post
    Hi Gio -- i think i liked the above frame the best , showing the drama and also the face of the assassin but in your original post it was a story from the wildebeest's perspective with its eye telling all the agony it is facing. so two different expressions from a same scenario , i guess Gabriela would love it in the story sequence forum .

Details are a bit crunchy in both the versions, the blacks look strong IMO , can be easily worked upon .

TFS !

Thanks a lot for your kindly reply.
    What you means about "strong IMO , can be easily worked upon " ?
    Ciao
    Gio

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What i mean is the blacks are a bit heavy in my opinion ( IMO) or rather i should say it appears high on contrast .