Thread: Tiger !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tiger ! My 100th Post !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone ! Well I thought what better subject than the tiger for my 100th post on BPN. I am extremely grateful to all of you for helping me become a better photographer and and hope to keep building on the things which I have learnt thus far.

IUCN Red List : Endangered .

And after numerous efforts from various corners of the world this magnificent animal is still facing that dangerous "E" word ! Bandhavgarh is still home to these few remaining wild bengal tigers and some good news is in store for the coming season when the park reopens after the monsoon break. Importantly it is to be seen whether the new generation survives ? and in the process succeeds in growing their tribe ? We just have to hope for the best !

Dpp 4.5, CS6, curves, selective colour, Cropped slightly from the top, added slightest bit of canvas at the base, sharpening.

Canon 5D MK III, Canon 500mm IS II

1/3200 sec; f/5.6; ISO 4000. The tiger was on the move and in a moving vehicle I feel the ss was on the border line.
    Last edited by haseeb badar; 09-04-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cool tiger here like those eyes. This tiger looks like a true beast.

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Haseeb, this is a brilliant shot, especially from a moving vehicle. IQ, colours and tones look great. I especially like the patch of light on the face (or at least that's how it looks). A really top image. If you have room left in the original capture, I'd try shifting the whole crop a fraction to the left so the animal was centred or slightly biased to the right of the frame instead of the left.

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, congrats of your 100th post. We have enjoyed your images very much. This is another fine tiger image, great eye contact, colours, and angle. Only wish for more room to the right and below. A bit tight in the frame but any tiger shot is always welcome. TFS.

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congratulations on your 100th post, Haseeb Love your choice of subject - so special, such a gorgeous and impressive beast!

Well processed and the comp is fine with me as is, adding a little canvas helped a great deal (it must have been a little difficult though, with not much to close from?). IMO taking off from the RHS would "squeeze" the subject too much in the frame and my personal feeling is, the small plants on the RHS help balance things a little. Colours and tonality looking good and sharpness present where needed most. Nice detail in the blacks too, a well exposed image overall.

Hope you keep delighting us with your lovely images for many years to come, Haseeb. As well as continue sharing your thoughts and critique - your contribution is much appreciated

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Totally agree with Gabriela here, she's covered all aspects, a fine effort from a moving vehicle Haseeb, long may the Tiger continue to reign over India.

TFS

11. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb - Congrats on your 100th thread! It has been a pleasure to watch your progress both in the field and in pp. Also thank you for your constructive comments on so many other images. I find myself agreeing with Gabriela and Marc and saying I would leave it as is. You did well shooting from the moving vehicle. Nice one!

TFS,
    Rachel

13. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, a real classic and very fitting for your 100th thread.

A good, solid image, love the open mouth and fixed stare. Your techs paid off and it all dovetailed with the Tiger on the move and you too.

Seems from what I've seen and herd Tigers are now on the increase after the debacle of the census many years back, long may it continue as to see these subjects in the wild is a real 'awesome' experience.

TFS
    Steve

15. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Haseeb,my friend ,my warmest congratulations on the post count. I have always valued your thoughts and honesty . Viewing your images has been both a joy and huge inspiration for me, this is no exception.

Best though for all of us is your beloved tigers might be fighting the tide,it's wonderful to hear something positive at such times although time will tell it's always good to have hope.

Haseeb the image is lovely I like your framing and see why you wanted a sliver (tiny bit) more at the base. Mate the stare always has me but to have the jaw slightly dropped adds for e here. i'd really love you to have had some dappled forest light to work under for this one Haseeb,we get what we are given,but dancing forest light is so special to me a yearn for it here.

Another fabulous frame mate,I wish to see many more,seeing a Tiger as Steve says must bring a true meaning to the much used word awesome,long may they be here.

take care bro

stu

17. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you everyone for your kind comments and suggestions . Really looking forward for the next 100 posts .