Thread: Ruby-throated Hummingbird (f)

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Ruby-throated Hummingbird (f)

Attached Images Attached Images

This is another Ruby-throated Hummingbird that was attracted by a Burning Bush (also called a Hummingbird Bush) in my backyard. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm
    1/3200 F/8 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 1000 AWB
    Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another great shot, Joe. Colour and tones on the bird and flowers look great to me, as does the IQ. Only thing that I'm unsure about on this one is the composition but I'm not entirely sure why it feels a bit odd to me? Maybe the frame needs to shift up a little?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice one Joe. Love the pose and again that two toned BG. I agree with Glenn that moving the frame up could help but then you do lose that brown bit on the bottom which is tough. Perhaps a looser crop on the top and RHS if you have it? TFS

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Glenn and Alex, thank you for commenting and viewing, much appreciated. I was kind of stuck on this image, I had to bring the crop in on the right to eliminate out of focus leaves and blossoms. When I did that it pushed the bird to right and left a large negative space behind the bird. The composition was just funky looking. This repost is a new try using a 16x9 crop trying for a more balanced appearance.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Joe - on looking at it some more, I think the horizontal place is fine. More on the top would help balance this for me, I think - but not sure if you have any frame left or what this part of the shot looks like?