Thread: Eclipse composite, Belleville Illinois

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Eclipse composite, Belleville Illinois

Attached Images Attached Images

These composite pictures were taken in Belleville, Illinois at the very edge of the totality path . We were at 99.9% and thats why I never achieved complete sun coverage. I thought I did pretty good though. All were shot with the 1DX II, 500mm f/4 II, 1/1/4 II, with a Seymour Solar Filter on the front of the lens. F/8, 1/200, 700mm, iso 100.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice work Mike. No eclipse here in Australia so thanks for sharing this. I like the sunspots too. It looks like you've rotated the final (rightmost) image though as the sunspots are now in a different orientation and the shadow of the moon should have been rotated clockwise more?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Im not an astronomer but I think it was the suns rotation. From start to finish was 2 1/2 hours. My Guess mate.

4. Thanks Glenn Pure thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice Mike, a few little fixes though… you can see distinct boxes where you added the different shots together.

-Tim

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Tim I was a little to hasty in posting and since did fix them, I didn't see them till I printed a picture. Thanks for catching it

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Mike, Fantastic by me. Amazingly good in fact. May I have your permission to use this image on my blog? My younger daughter, Alissa, took the younger of my two autistic grandsons to Oregon to see the eclipse at a minor ballgame that had an Eclipse Festival. He has loved astronomy since he was little and baseball for the past two years.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I would love for you to use it. Mike

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Quigley View Post
    I would love for you to use it. Mike
    Thanks a stack Mike. I did get into the dropbox :)

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.