Thread: Ridge Bison ...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Ridge Bison ...

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ...sorry for being so quiet just too much stuff going on ...at the moment.
    But today it was raining heavily and i could not do the job that i do right now ...so i could get home early and looked for something that i could post .
    So here is an image that is fitting quite well to our weather ...well coming close .Image was taken under very foggy conditions ... i saw this young bull coming up that ridge from the other side , so i moved quickly downwards to get this view of him.

Canon EOS 1Dx
    EF 70-200 IS L + 2X TC at 400 mm
    HH

F 8 ; Iso 4000; 1/1000 sec

Processed with DPP 4.6 and PS CC 2017 ; cropped slightly for comp

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow such a dark subject against erm brighter sky.Andreas I guess I know what rain and grey are hence the "erm bright sky" by which I mean compared to the subject. Andeas I like this but feel you were always between a rock and a hard place under these conditions,love the POV and your thoughts to get this image,but not my favoutire of you bison images.
    All the credit though for the above this cannot have been easy,for me if it is possible to lessen the contrast betwixt subject and sky that would be my first thought

Hope you are good bro,some of us just keep working in the rain doing something utterly impossible, in the WET I think it's called being english
    TFS
    stu

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas - I like the low pov and that the bison is looking down at you. Nice details in the blacks. I almost wish the fog was thicker to give more of an atmospheric feel to the image. Yes, you've certainly posted better bison images but definitely worth processing this one too.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, a nice image of the bison, with low angle, head towards you and those nice symmetrical horns. Nicely exposed & the vertical comp works well.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the perspective, and the POV adds extra interest. That said, like Rachel says, I don't think its your strongest image - the light was just not on your side on this occasion - not a lot you can duo about that unfortunately!

Mike

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Works well Andreas, nice head turn and both horns visible, like it. As an alternative you could open the shadows a fraction more and add some saturation.

TFS
    Steve