Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: juvenile with prey

  1. #1
    BPN Member dennis greenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    381
    Threads
    138
    Thank You Posts

    Default juvenile with prey

    Juvenile Little owl with a field mouse .
    Canon 1dx Mki 500mm f4 at F8 ISO 800 1/800 sec +1/3 ev LR ppName:  Little-owl-i9th-August-2017-(1-of-1)-2.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  217.6 KB

  2. #2
    BPN Member Bill Dix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    9,208
    Threads
    1,352
    Thank You Posts

    Default

    What a great shot, Dennis. Lovely background and perch, great eye contact from the owl AND the field mouse.

  3. #3
    BPN Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    541
    Threads
    59
    Thank You Posts

    Default

    Love the eye contact and the prey item is very cool. Nice perch and BG. The red wood pops against the BG. TFS

  4. #4
    BPN Limited Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    18
    Thank You Posts

    Default

    Great capture Dennis! Like the eye contact and the mouse. Maybe could use a bit more darkening on the left eye and brightening the right eye to match. I wonder maybe a vertical crop would work better also.

    Best,

  5. #5
    BPN Member dennis greenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    381
    Threads
    138
    Thank You Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkan Ojaghi View Post
    Great capture Dennis! Like the eye contact and the mouse. Maybe could use a bit more darkening on the left eye and brightening the right eye to match. I wonder maybe a vertical crop would work better also.

    Best,
    Hi thanks for the comment,i dont do any eye work on my owl shots ,what you have here is the pupil reaction to light ,the sun was just to the left hence the smaller pupil ...

  6. #6
    BPN Limited Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    18
    Thank You Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis greenwood View Post
    Hi thanks for the comment,i dont do any eye work on my owl shots ,what you have here is the pupil reaction to light ,the sun was just to the left hence the smaller pupil ...
    Looks like there is a miscommunication here. I only was wondering about "darkening/brightening" the yellow in the eye not changing the size of the pupil.
    Best

  7. #7
    Avian Moderator Stu Bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Centurion, South Africa
    Posts
    20,066
    Threads
    1,173
    Thank You Posts

    Default

    Hi Dennis, your central placement works well here, and excellent eye contact. Great that we can see his meal, and I like the moss covered perch. Killer BG too.

  8. #8
    BPN Member dennis greenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    381
    Threads
    138
    Thank You Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkan Ojaghi View Post
    Looks like there is a miscommunication here. I only was wondering about "darkening/brightening" the yellow in the eye not changing the size of the pupil.
    Best
    hi I thought you were referring to the pupil , it does annoy me when I don't get them even

  9. #9
    BPN Member Isaac Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    1,166
    Threads
    149
    Thank You Posts

    Default

    This is really nice Dennis. Love the pose, perch, eye contact and the prey. Hard to get better than this. Congrats.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator arash_hazeghi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, California, United States
    Posts
    15,294
    Threads
    985
    Thank You Posts

    Default

    very nice Dennis, I like the pose, percha and prey. agree with lightning its left eye a bit to make it more balanced

    TFS
    New! Birds in flight Photography Basics 2016
    ------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Web Analytics