Thread: Common Buckeye

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Common Buckeye

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image at Alligator Point in Panacea, Florida. The background could be better but I could not pass up such a perfect butterfly. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
    Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 330mm
    1/2500 F11 Matrix Metering 0 EV ISO 2200 AWB
    Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

That's a beauty Jo, I don't think many could pass up on a beauty like that! At first I thought it must be related to our Peacock butterfly but the latin names seem to bare no resemblance.
    Lovely details and colour excellent plane of focus and DOF, back ground is a bit busy, if you were so inclined you could destructure and lower contrast in Viveza.

3. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful butterfly in excellent condition the background is what it is.

5. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    That's a beauty Jo, I don't think many could pass up on a beauty like that! At first I thought it must be related to our Peacock butterfly but the latin names seem to bare no resemblance.
    Lovely details and colour excellent plane of focus and DOF, back ground is a bit busy, if you were so inclined you could destructure and lower contrast in Viveza.
    Hi Jon, thank you for viewing, commenting and suggesting a way to improve the image. I have the Nik software loaded on the computer but do not use it often. I will give it a try. Lowering the contrast I understand but not sure what you mean by destructure. If you see this maybe you could explain. Thanks again.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Przybyla View Post
    Hi Jon, thank you for viewing, commenting and suggesting a way to improve the image. I have the Nik software loaded on the computer but do not use it often. I will give it a try. Lowering the contrast I understand but not sure what you mean by destructure. If you see this maybe you could explain. Thanks again.
    Jo when you open Viveza you will see brightness contrast and structure, so long as you don't overcook it is possible to get good results

8. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A beautiful specimen nicely captured! As noted above, the busy background detracts from an otherwise excellent image.