Right now I'm in Scottsdale, Arizona. I'm on the hunt for a roadrunner. I remember hearing a single "coo" this morning outside of my hotel that sounded like a roadrunner. I have been to Sedona, The Lost Dutchman area/Superstition Mountains, and even the Sonoran Desert. I haven't seen or even heard a roadrunner.

I really want to find a roadrunner before I return to Maryland. Tomorrow is my last day in Arizona. Is there any place (less than a 2 hour drive) from Scottsdale, AZ, where roadrunners are common to see? I really want to take a photo of one. I'm using a Nikon D300 with a Nikkor 55-300VR. Is there any specific place where I can see a roadrunner? I remember seeing a few Gambel's Quails in a neighborhood and in the bushes in the Superstition Mountains. But where should I look for roadrunners? Any place near (2 hour drive or less) Scottsdale/Phoenix that has abundant roadrunners?

I have no idea where I'm supposed to go. I really want to see one. I've also been to the Sonoran Desert museum, and they didn't have any roadrunners there.

Any help is appreciated!