Thread: Cheetah

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Cheetah

Attached Images Attached Images

A Cheetah looks back at us after taking turns with the coalition for feeding. They had just brought down a Gazelle.
    7D II
    100-400 II @ 400mm
    1/500
    f/7.1
    ISO 1600

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A nice pose, Sanjeev. I feel there is a bit too much blank space on the right.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I do like the look back pose on this one Sanjeev,nice detail and soft colurs ,all on a nice bg,very nice work.

Keith.

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Sanjeev - Nice look back pose and the open mouth adds to the image. Was this before you calibrated your monitor? It looks a bit too dark and red. All I did was adjust the WB and tone with the eyedropper.

TFS,
    Rachel

5. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks everyone. Rachel this was before calibration. Should I use the eye dropper tool in PS or in DPP?? I think I have to switch to ACR than DPP. But since Arash & Artie suggest to use DPP I have stuck to that.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Mmm, that change to white balance does make it look more natural. Overall, a great shot and nice framing (the crop works for me).

As for getting the WB right - I'm new here so those more expert should be listened to first... I usually start by setting WB in DPP to whatever the conditions were at time of capture (daylight, cloudy etc). This is an approximation. If there is a lot of reflected light on the subject from surrounding scenery/objects or it is early or late in the day, the sky is not fully cloud covered or clear etc, the eyedropper (custom WB) will be needed. The hard bit is working out which part should be neutral white. While it may seem obvious, the 'white' on a subject may not be pure white - although a good starting place. I usually try a few different spots and see how they look. I always do my WB in DPP.

8. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev ....i do like the look back pose and the lovely amber eyes in this image .
    Crop works well .
    Cannot comment on color and tone as i am away ....at work.
    But there is no question regarding the WB ....it has to be addressed in the RAW converter , well from my POV .You will get a cleaner file to start with .Also basic color adjustments i might correct in converter....PS is just for refining and local adjustments .
    At first i would try the presets of WB that each converter offers ....if that not helps you have the temp and tint sliders to bring the color where you want the color to be , checking with the eyedropper might be necessary .

Do not jump between the converters ....master one and you are good to go ....from my POV it will not help if you think you cannot get the colors right in i.e. ACR /LR and switch to i.e. DPP, i think than you are not working properly with the selected piece of software .
    Just my 2 cents
    TFS Andreas

10. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev - I use ACR for my RAW conversions but as Glenn and Andreas said above, you can set the WB in either program. I also agree with Andreas about not jumping between different converters.

Rachel

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, I can only echo the above comments, however have you not looked at the links I sent you, as this will address the main comments & RP above?

Cheers
    Steve