Thread: Adult Male Little owl on a wet night

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Adult Male Little owl on a wet night

With the head on shots put on hold for the moment due to bad light tonight was a night for getting wet.
    The perch the Adult landed on is in hope to get both a adult and a juvenile or two juveniles side by side ,there is no way and can influence this so its just pot luck,plus at the moment only one Juvenile is confident enough to follow the adult so its just a waiting game ,the rain was pretty heavy so i decided to drop the shutter speed down to 1/60th sec in order to emphasize the rain .now this as worked for me in the past with Barn owls and Kingfishers but tonight i didnt get the affect i was hoping for it was still nice though to get the oportunity to try.
    Canon 1dx mki 500mm f4 at f4 iso 200 1/60sec +1/3 evName:  Adult-male-Little-owl-23rd-July-(1-of-1).jpg
Views: 80
Size:  182.9 KB

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pretty bird with a very nice head on look. Love the habitat. I would increase the exposure a little. I'm also not a fan of man made perches but this is a pretty interesting perch.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for taking time to comment, the perch is from a old railway embankment that I picked up to use to try and get two birds either side , it's nearly worked but proving difficult to get

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Details look pretty good especially for 1/60. I like the stare with the nice big pupils and the perch is pretty cool. Could be my eyes or screen but I see a lot of magenta throughout the perch and bird, but never seen this bird before so not sure. Would be very cool to have two birds on this perch. TFS