Thread: Juvenile Little owl

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Juvenile Little owl

Taken a few days ago. when the youngsters start getting confident they can pop up anywhere just like here ,not the best perch but i have been a bit lazy on that side of it as i have been mainly going for head on shots ,but when the youngsters arrive they are just to addactive and comical not to watch them ....got plenty of shots of them were they are moving there heads around in silly postions when they hear alien noises ,but i just liked this one as he was emuslating his Dad as he had just been sat on the same perch with the very same pose,he just looks so grown up but he is only around 6/7 weeks old....Canon 1dx mki 500mm f4 f8 +1 ev iso 400 ...The sun was over my left shoulder with a good hour or so before sunset and the side on pose allowed for a good bright eye ,but a head on shot would have given me uneven light on those eyes ,it realy bugs me when one pupil is larger than the other...Name:  Juvenile-(1-of-1).jpg
Views: 73
Size:  198.4 KB

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice owl, nice background wish the owl was looking just more towards you.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Mack View Post
    Nice owl, nice background wish the owl was looking just more towards you.
    Hi,thanks for the reply ,i have literaly hundreds of shots of the bird looking at me ,just makes a change to get a side profile of a juvenile

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dennis, beautiful Little Owl. Such a treasure, so similar to the Burrowing Owls in Florida. I have seen this side profile many times with the Burrowing Owls in Florida. Nice colors, details, and composition. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I prefer this shot to the other one for sure. Lighting is nicer, exposure is better and the perch is nicer. Nice side profile as well. Cool shot of a bird that I have only seen once and very briefly. My brother used to live in France very close to the German border. While driving into Germany to get back to the airport I found one in the early morning sitting on a fence right on the side of the road and bordering a field. Got good but quick looks before it took off out in the field and gone for good.