Thread: Password reset?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Password reset?

I have forgotten my password and tried the 'Lost Password' link but never get an email back with a reset. Is this feature working?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I should have added that the email address I use is an alias that redirects to my current mailbox at whatever ISP I'm signed up to at the time. I have had problems with a couple of other online services in the past because of this. Maybe the problem here?

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Glenn - I sent an email to Peter Kes who should be able to get you sorted.

Rachel

4. Thanks Glenn Pure thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yep, Peter will chime in soon for you...but in the meantime I notice you can still post... Good!

6. Thanks Glenn Pure thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Daniel and Rachel. Thank you for attending to this. I no longer need to reset my password but am still concerned I can't get this to work. I am also not receiving emails when there are replies to my posts even though I have this set in the 'General Settings' for 'Thread subscription mode' to 'Instantly, using email'.

For your information, this is have I've resolved the password problem for now: I have been able to login because my browser (Firefox) has the password stored but I couldn't see what it was and couldn't remember either. However, I've now worked out how to see the password in Firefox so no longer need a reset. But please look into why I'm not getting emails for any reason from BPN.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Peter, thanks for that explanation. I'll try contacting my ISP but they are one of the bigger providers in Australia so I suspect my request will go in the 'bit bucket'. We'll see, I guess.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Peter - sorry to drag this out but I want to get to the bottom of it. I've made some progress with the spam blocking and have it now switched to 'tag' instead of 'block' so I see the spam and can decide whether to open it or not. To be able to test this, I need to know when to expect an automated email from BPN: To this end, as noted in an earlier post "I am also not receiving emails when there are replies to my posts even though I have this set in the 'General Settings' for 'Thread subscription mode' to 'Instantly, using email'." So can you confirm that I should receive an automatic email from the BPN system notifying when a reply is posted with these settings?

With many thanks for your patience.
    Glenn

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi all, can anyone answer my question in the last line?

Cheers
    Glenn

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Glenn - Yes, but you only receive one email for the next new post in a subscribed thread until you sign on to BPN again not for each new post. So if there are multiple posts to a thread between you being on BPN, you will only get one email. Once you sign on, the process starts again e.g. if there is another new post after you've signed on, you'll get another email.

Rachel

12. Thanks Glenn Pure thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Rachel. This isn't working - no emails received ever from BPN. Can you tell me who I should contact to change the email address attached to my account? I'd prefer not to put the details up on this board.

Cheers
    Glenn

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Glenn - Send Peter Kes a PM or email.

Rachel