Thread: Walking on Air

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Walking on Air

Attached Images Attached Images

Shooting lots of lovely Egrets of late. Most have now fledged but still a fair amount of around nest activity. One from yesterday...

D500/Sigma 500/4, 1/3200, 6.3, Monopod with Jobu Gimbal - PP and NR in CS6. Slight canvas add stage left.
    Last edited by Jay Ing; 07-17-2017 at 01:24 AM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jay, you caught a very cool pose here and I really like the action captured. But the the light is starting to get harsh here and the processing doesn't really help to my eyes. It looks a little oversharpened.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'll have to recheck my PPing. I think the only sharpening done was CS6 Smart sharpen at 85% .5

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Adhika - when I compared the unsharpened file to the sharpened one (yes, 85% and .5) the unsharpened one does indeed look better. I'd somewhat automatically applied these settings for sharpening to all my postings but I see that is not always best. Here's the unsharpened version. Would appreciate others input as to light/harshness. Open to all input. I somewhat liked the light level given the flashy nature of the pose. Thanks for feedback on sharpening ... will help me be more analytical on that point. Clearly have more to learn as the original image in CS6 looks much better (nicely sharper) than here.

Name:  E-hop-left-CS6-NR-sml-bpn.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  376.4 KB
    Last edited by Jay Ing; 07-17-2017 at 02:09 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the pose but the bird too large in the frame, there are some shadows but I don't mind them much. You got nice breeding plumage. neither image has a good processing, original is coarse and crunchy (over cooked) while the repost is soft and lacking ind details.

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yeah, you're just the guy I need to hear from Arash!
    I just logged into BPN now after sending you an email on some PP consultation needs (seeing how we live so near each other I could probably throw a stone and hit your house) - so - check your regular email... someone needs to meet in person to get schooled asap! lol. Thanks.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ssomething in-between the two would work well here Jay. A beautiful flight pose with nice feather detail. Well worth keeping.

Will