Thread: Indian Rhino

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Indian Rhino

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all want to share this image ...not a winner in terms of showing something outrageous .
    Just showing the rare and unique Indian or One horned Rhino in his typical pose and environment , image taken somewhere in India .Loads of specimen has been visible during that trip ...and most of them have been friendly .

Canon EOS 1Dx
    EF 200-400 IS L at 366 mm
    HH with beanbag support

F 5,6 ; Iso 800 ; 1/ 2000 sec ; i should have upped the iso to gain a bit more f stop .

Processed with DPP 4.6.30 and PS CC 2017 ; slight crop from all around

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

2. Thanks Mike Singh thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas - Looks like you finally had some light for an image, maybe even a bit harsher than you would have liked . Nice to see an Indian Rhino in its environment. Good textures and details and the slightly open mouth takes it up a notch. I'm ok with the dof.

TFS,
    Rachel

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, I like this image as presented. Great that you got to see numerous of these rare animals during your trip. Is this Rhino sticking his tongue out at you?

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, the face says it all, obviously the Rhino too, is not a lover of those 'Graue Socken' .

The harsh light not ideal, but handled well, the shooting angle a tad high, but no option. I wonder if there is a bit more detail you can tease out, creating more 'texture', I'll fire something off rather than cluttering the thread.

TFS
    Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, this is a nice shot of the little Indian one-horned Rhino. I like the head on pose and that little tongue sticking out. Light well handled.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas -- A nice specimen and very nicely taken as you have handled the light quite well . Lovely expression and typical rhino settings in India .

TFS !

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks all for your kind comments , much appreciated .

The " Graue Socken " has not been visible for her ....but maybe she smelled them . Yes Steve i could get some more form in the hide , thanks . No lower POV possible at that location ....most of the times . Unless you are lucky and you get the Rhino where you are on eye level with them .

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello my Grey Socked Boetie,

This rhino looks incredibly friendly to me, is the typical pose of the species one with tongue sticking out?

I believe you made the best of the situation here and the detail in the hide is quite nice, would love to see if you can extract more. Nice colours Andreas, this is well composed, the grasses in the FG are a bit "obvious" but somehow they help frame the subject nicely.

Sadly, despite dehorning we are still losing our rhino at a fast pace here in SA, we might have to import some from India (maybe a tiny horn would not so tempting to the poachers?) otherwise we'll be talking about "the big 4" very soon.

Thank you for sharing Andreas,

Kind regards, have a great week,
    Gabriela Plesea