Thread: Piping Plover Chick

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Piping Plover Chick

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all,

Another piping plover chick from Sandy Hook, NJ taken pretty soon after sunrise. Finally got one with the sun pretty much directly behind me. No luck on getting a pure sand BG (yet!). Cloned out a couple bits in the BG. Cropped about 30%.

Camera: Nikon D500
    Lens: 200-500mm f/5.6 at 500mm
    Specs: 1/2500 ISO 500 f/5.6

Thanks for looking and commenting on prior posts!
    Alex

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fabulous. I love the tiny pebbles. Was this one flying yet?

EXP and sharpness perfect. Bird too centered ... Try moving the active AF point two or three to the right for images like this to give the bird lots of room in the front, someplace to go. That said, see the next fame.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A 3X2 crop with just a tiny bit of bill clean-up -- one speck. Image quality excellent.

with love, artie

ps: I was not thrilled with the rocks along the bottom frame edge in the original post so for me, this is perfect.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you very much for the kind words, advice, and RP Artie -- I really appreciate it. This little one wasn't yet flying. I'm hoping to pop over again next week and follow along with their progress. They really are so fun to watch. I agree with your crop and the the bill clean up -- did a quick RP on the TIFF file (your version just at 1200 wide ). Thanks again!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the info and YAW. For me, your crop is a bit too tight ... with love, artie

ps: good luck. They are tough and my understanding is that it is a long walk to the birds at Sandy Hook ...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks again Artie -- absolutely packed day on my end but wanted to say that it's much appreciated. I'll revisit the crop as well and give it a bit more air. The walk down to these guys isn't so bad -- maybe 10 minutes or so.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

All good and you are most welcome. with love, artie