Thread: Palm Warbler

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Palm Warbler

Attached Images Attached Images

I like this image of a Palm Warbler but would like to get rid of the three bright spots - to the right of the feet, off the head, and upper left of the bird. I use Elements 5 but can't figure out how to soften the bright spots without messing up the image. Comments please. Also, I sometimes have difficulty sizing the image to BAA standards. How do you determine when you're image is withing the file size of 150KB without trial and error?

Thanks for viewing and commenting.

roger williams

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I failed to mention the following info in my post:

Camera: Canon 40D
    Lens: Canon 300 f4L IS (420mm) hand held
    Aperture: f 7.1
    Speed: 200
    ISO: 160
    WB: auto

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Roger, The bird is sharp and the EXP right on but the BKGR is distracting (and will be distracting even with the three white areas removed). The white reed just above the bird's back and the vertical one right in front of the subject are problematic at best... Not sure how to go about getting rid of the spots in Elements 5. Same goes for sizing the jpegs. See if there is a save for web option and then if it has an optimize feature... I hope that someone else can help.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Roger I agree with Artie's comments. As far as the bright spots are concerned I sometimes try some simple burning to darken OOF objects that can't easily be cloned out. If you are careful it just seems to remove, or at least lessens, their distracting affects.