Hi all,
I have been shooting Canon 7D mark II + 100-400 IS II for more than a year, and generally speaking I`m Glad with the files. Before that I shot Nikon ( both aps-c and FF ) for 4 years.
I shoot mainly birds and love action and in flight photography.
Now, where I`m not getting good results is in AF tracking against low contrast BGs., even sometimes the AF with perched birds in low contrast is a hit and miss scenario.
Second thing is when I don't expose the frame properly to the right, and I want to recover the underexposed file, this degrades with noise artifacts to an extent that I send it to the trash can.
So my observation and experience are making me to look for an upgrade.
I shot a bit with Canon 5D mark IV and Nikon D500 ,both gave super nice files. One way is going up in the Canon lineup , but it is super expensive ( 3.300 US ) and the other is switching to Nikon again.
I would like to ask to the experts the following ;
Have someone had the chance to compare both cameras in the field with BIF ? ( I only took some pictures with both cameras of stationary subjects. )
Does it really worth it to go FF with Canon 5D mark IV , taking in consideration , the downsampling process of cropping a frame ?
Any ideas , I welcome gladly.
Thank you
Marcos Baumann
Santiago - Chile