Thread: Piping Plover Chick

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Piping Plover Chick

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all,

Here's an piping plover chick from Sandy Hook, NJ. Minor edits in post, pulled up the shadows a bit, warmed the image, brightened the eye slightly, taken pretty soon after sunrise. Cloned out a couple bits of OOF seaweed and a bit of trash. Tried to compose the crop such that the shadow was still in the frame per Isaac's suggestion which I agree with after comparing some different crops.

Camera: Nikon D500
    Lens: 200-500mm f/5.6 at 500mm
    Specs: 1/2000 ISO 560 f/5.6

Thanks for looking and commenting on prior posts!
    Alex

2. Thanks Mike Singh thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The raised foot is nice, good composition i like all the little beach pebbles.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice. Lighting, exposure, composition and dof working together here. Like the raised foot and the catch light in the eye.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely little bird, nicely rendered. Knowing that you don't have much choice I think the pebbles detract from the image. This bird and a smooth beach/sand would be outstanding, but we play the hand we are dealt. Thank you for sharing, Alex.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice, Alex. I love the raised foot, the low POV. And I personally like the sand pebbles. I got a few frames of this same little chick this morning, but by the time I found him it was a bit later, with stronger sun, so not as nice as yours.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for commenting all -- very much appreciated. I don't mind the pebbles but agree a very clean beach with soft sand would be great. I'm planning to go to this beach again next week so hopefully can grab a couple shots like that if these guys cooperate, fingers crossed. Bill, glad you got out there and hope so see some frames from the trip. Thanks again!