Thread: Hello.....

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Hello.....

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks after a short break of mine ...coming back with a Seal frame from my beloved Grey Seals .
    As most of the times image taken on Helgoland .....this in Dec 2016 .
    This youngster was resting and rolling on the Pebble beach of the dune .
    By knowing the crop is too tight all around ....i still could not stay away from posting as the pose of the youngster is too cute and looking interesting to me. Sadly i have no more room around ....FF.

Canon EOS 1Dx II
    EF 500 F4 IS L II + 1,4 TC
    Tripod

F 6,3 ; Iso 5000 ; 1/1600 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC 2017 ; i wish for more DOF to have the tip of the snout in total focus too , as there is a slight fall off in sharpness at the snout . FP point was right to the right eye as looked .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting ....

Cheers Andreas

2. Thanks Mike Singh thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas I,m always envious of how you get such lovely texture and detail of the fur on your Seal's ,this one is lovely,beautiful eye to top it all off,agree with your self critique on the crop.

Keith.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautifull detail in the fur, like the posture, just like it would be waving. Looks a bit too tight, but since the pup is looking to his left, this balances the composition. Maybe you can add a bit of canvas to his right in PS?

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas - Another nice seal image with, as you said, a very cute pose and look to camera. Excellent detail. I also agree with your self critique of it being too tight on the lhs. Once again, I do like the pebble beach as the fg.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas beautifully processed,with the cutest double wave and look back,those eyes are wonderful. Agree very much on the self critique a bit tight all around especially LHS. This art of framing and getting the distance to subject with ones chosen prime absolutely spot on is something much in my thoughts of late.

that siad I'll never tire of images like this they are utterly enchanting andreas cheers for sharing

Stu

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi ANdreas -- Loved the settings and the cuteness factor is way too high. agree with your self critique but slightest of more space would have made a winner in my books. Lovely details and excellent processing as always . enjoyed viewing this .

TFS !

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks a lot Keith, Dan , Rachel and Stuart.....much appreciate your comments and feedback.

Dan - for sure it would be good to add canvas , but even with my not so bad skills when it comes to such things , i do see a problem with the pebbles ! As you will see repeating patterns from my POV . But feel free and post an RP with such added canvas .

Keith - well the key to get such IQ and detail is just simple .....try to get the best raw you can get in terms of sharpness / exposure , the rest is easy .Gentle hand when it comes to processing and avoid global edits once the file is in TIF / PSD format .

Cheers Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Haseeb for kind words , much appreciated .
    Did not overlook you in my reply , just typed and posted my reply .

Cheers Andreas

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, yep a tad too tight, should have lost the 1.4 and cropped. I think ISO5000 is the 'boggie' setting, always looks a bit off IMHO. I think also if the sharpness is slightly off then that 'sharpening' is being thrown a tad too??? Perhaps a tad more above, like the colour palette.

TFS
    Steve

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Andreas,

Before I opened this thumbnail I had been looking desperately all over the house for a piece of chocolate (I had this sweet tooth all of a sudden). Well, I do not need it anymore - this (your seal image) is so sweet

I won't repeat what has already been said, just wanted to say I really enjoyed viewing. Superb capture of this little one and some beautiful colours and textures - thank you so much for sharing!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

very cute seal pup Andreas, I am late but this is a fine addition to your collection, I would put a bit more room around but I just read that you don't have it

best
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cute as a button, and I love how he's looking straight at you. That makes the whole image for me!