Thread: MY RESIGNATION

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default MY RESIGNATION

Hello everyone in OOTB. I wanted you to know that I have resigned by position as Moderator in OOTB. I have been honored to be in that position for 5 years and I have enjoyed immensely learning from each of you and growing my skills along the way. I have become interested in film photography and I'm spending more and more time in the darkroom and all of my creative energy is going in that direction. I hope everyone here will continue to post images and comment on images that are posted. I hope to be able to find the time to post (and comment) periodically.
    Warm wishes to you all - and don't forget to always think OOTB

Cheryl
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

2. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Cheryl,

I have not contributed much in the OOTB Forum, but I certainly enjoyed viewing the images and drew inspiration from them.

Thank you so much for your contribution here on BPN, and I wish you the best of luck with film photography

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cheryl,

Thank you for serving as moderator of the OOTB forum. I am glad that you will still be posting! I look forward to seeing your creativity expressed in this forum (looking forward to pics from your recent Italy trip...).

Darkroom work can be very satisfying, and there are so many alternative processes to explore. And don't forget that OOTB did not start with digital. If you are not familiar with Jerry Ulesmann, please look him up. His work was my introduction to OOTB in the 1970s.

Enjoy the darkroom, but make sure you have a good exhaust fan!

M.C.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you so much, Gabriela. I will miss all of you.
    Take care,
    Cheryl

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriela Plesea View Post
    Dear Cheryl,

I have not contributed much in the OOTB Forum, but I certainly enjoyed viewing the images and drew inspiration from them.

Thank you so much for your contribution here on BPN, and I wish you the best of luck with film photography

Warmest regards,

6. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Mitch, thanks! Jerry Uelsman lives about 15 minutes from my house and in fact I just went to his birthday party (he's in his 80's) and got the grand tour of his darkroom :) Very exciting!!!
    There's something very meditative about being in the dark and total quiet (I can't talk and think about what I'm doing!) which is appealing to me. I've been using my Rolleiflex TLR and it's a joy to work with (and it uses 120 film so the negatives are easier to work with). I've been working in the college library but some friends and I may be setting up a co-op darkroom soon (I hope). And I'll insist that the first thing we have is a good exhaust system (I don't think there is one at the college but it's a big room). I've been so wrapped up in the darkroom that I haven't even looked at my latest trip to Sicily I was going to get started on them today - the Greek ruins were incredible!
    Keep posting!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Carucci View Post
    Cheryl,

Thank you for serving as moderator of the OOTB forum. I am glad that you will still be posting! I look forward to seeing your creativity expressed in this forum (looking forward to pics from your recent Italy trip...).

Darkroom work can be very satisfying, and there are so many alternative processes to explore. And don't forget that OOTB did not start with digital. If you are not familiar with Jerry Ulesmann, please look him up. His work was my introduction to OOTB in the 1970s.

Enjoy the darkroom, but make sure you have a good exhaust fan!

M.C.

Forum Participant Valerio Tarone's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cheryl ,my wishes for the creative energy in films.... Me, we'll be sorry not to see your comments!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Take Care Keep in Touch

Cheryl, your comments will be missed as your images, take care, enjoy your film camera and Italia. Big Hugs
    Last edited by Paul Lagasi; 07-17-2017 at 01:49 AM.