Default Northern Ireland

Attached Images Attached Images

First post here in Landscape

Somewhere on the Northern Ireland Coast

Canon 5DSr +24-70mm at 28mm
    ISO 100
    Shutter 0.5s
    Aperture f/18
    Last edited by Lance van de Vyver; 06-12-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Lance

Welcome to the Landscape forum...You too have a very nice first post, albiet with a few changes that i would like to suggest for you.. I do like your composition and the cloud formation is excellent. The lighting on the distant island is wonderful. What I am not so keen on is the colour of the cloud, it has a very strong magenta cast up top but not so on the Horizon.. This seems a little strange to me. I also am a little disappointing in the sharpness, especially of the rock lower RH corner. My disappointment is partially because I am considering buying on of these cameras and I am now wondered how you took & processed this.. Finally, you have a dust bunny in the cloud about 11/2 inch in from the LHS... I Would love to see many more of your images. So, what do you think of the camera??

regards

DON

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice ocean setting. I agree with Don re the clouds, looks like darkening, color was added, it doesn't match the rest of the image.

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Lance, welcome to the landscape forum. I do agree with Don on the clouds and the strong magenta cast. You do not mention using a graduated ND filter but the sky has the look of a misplaced grad filter. Once you fix up the sky you will have a lovely image :)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks everyone. I forgot to mention it was in fact an ND added to the sky.....the say Lee filters don't have a color cast but I guess they are wrong 😃

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi lance, Agree with the others on the magenta cast in the sky and the foreground rocks are not sharp and the should be at f/18 so I am guessing you focused on the far island when you should have focused on the foreground. The biggest issue I see is the poorly placed split ND you can clearly see the difference between exposure in the sky so you need to be more precise when using one. When I did use split ND I would slide them up in down in the filter to clearly see the where the transition was now a days I just shot multiple exposures and blend them in PS.
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy