Thread: Cerulean Warbler #2

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Cerulean Warbler #2

Attached Images Attached Images

Here's another frame of the Cerulean Warbler singing, or perhaps scolding; a nemesis bird for years, until we were fortunate to locate this guy a few weeks ago. The Cerulean Warbler is experiencing the most rapid population decline of all the North American warbler species, with a 70% drop in numbers since 1966.

D500, 500f4 + 1.4 TC, AutoIso @ 1400, 1/1250s @ f/7.1 manual; fill @ -2.0.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Glad that you were able to get a nemesis bird off your list and very sad to hear of their population decline. I like the thorny and gangly perch here, although I wonder if just a very slight CW rotation could improve the image a little, although subjective. I would try to sharpen the bird a bit more at least on the face as that looks a little soft to my eyes. Some posterization on the BG but not sure if theres much to do about that. TFS and congrats!

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another very nice capture of this very talkative Cerulean, Bill. It's tough to know these beautiful creatures are declining in numbers.

Geoffrey

http://http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Alex and Geoffrey. I'll take a look at sharpening the head, but I suspect the focus point was elsewhere. Tough to get just the right focus on tiny birds that are constantly in motion.