Thread: Mum & the awesome foursome II

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Mum & the awesome foursome II

Attached Images Attached Images

Apologies for my absence of late, but have been busy moving to another canton (state) here in Switz and all the stress that that involves.

6.49pm and the last light hits mum and her 4 x 4 mth old cubs to the backdrop of passing zebra and gnu on the grassland plains of Ndutu/Serengeti.

Impossible to have both mum and the cubs in focus at this subject to distance, so went for the cubs.

Bean bag- front pax seat, curves, levels, TK adj's in ACR & PS CC'17

Nikon D500
    Nikkor 400 f/2.8E FL VR
    1/1000s
    f/5
    ISO3600

I leave tonight for 15 days chasing Wild Dog in Mana Pools & Hwange/ZIM, so will catch you on my return!

Cheers
    Marc

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Marc -- A lovely scene and could make a nice theme image as well for this month. I liked the soft tones in the frame and comp works for me showcasing Africa at its best. Would have liked some more space in the direction where cubs are looking , they appear a bit centered for my liking. Also i see some noise in the image , i am 50-50 on it . A fine image over all .

TFS !

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Marc - Beautiful light hitting the cubs and I like the inclusion of mom in the fg. No problem that she is out of focus. She seems very relaxed. I agree with Haseeb that I wish the cubs were slightly off center but realize that the inclusion of mom in the lrc probably dictated their placement. Love the zebras and wbs in the bg. I think the cub on the right could use a touch more sharpening. Nice one. Have a great trip.

TFS,
    Rachel

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Indeed awesome foursome, dear Marc!

Good thinking, focusing on the cubs. OOF mom a nice addition to this frame. I like her presence in the left corner, as well as the other animals in the background - a very pleasing image overall. Well exposed and techs look good. Had you used your D5 there might have been less noise, but really not an issue to me. Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope you have a wonderful time in the Serengeti

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea