Thread: Sleepy !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Sleepy !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone !
    Thank you for your C&C's on my previous post.
    Here is another theme image and another tiger image from Bandhavgarh.

She was one amongst the 4 siblings of three males and female litter. Last year she died under unknown circumstances. For Bandhavgarh it was a big loss as the park was in need of a new female to replace its ageing mother but nature has its own ways .

DPP4.5, CS6, WB, selective colour, levels , sharpness , cropped from all top, rhs and bottom , removed a twig on the lhs of the frame .

Canon 5DMKIII, Canon 500mm f4 IS II, handheld, on the elephant.

ss 1/1000, f/5.6, iso 3200

All your C&C's are most welcome.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Haseeb I am really enjoying your Tiger images and this one is the tops for me,would make a great one for the theme,excellent.

Keith.

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely pose Haseeb, very relaxing! I really like the framing you have here. I was starting to wonder if a little more DoF may have helped, then saw you shot this from an Elephant! Full marks for getting the focus point anywhere near the Tiger, let alone on the face!

Mike

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb - Sorry to hear that she did not make it. Well processed image. Colors look good. Perhaps a bit more dof (the nose looks sharpest). The head resting between the rocks adds a bit of interest for me but, like Gabriela's sleeping lion image, not enough to overcome the closed eyes for me. Sorry.

TFS,
    Rachel

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Rachel, Keith and Mike, as always your comments are much appreciated.

@ Rachel : I fully respect your preference and opinion for that matter, but that is one side of the animal behavior where it is no nice to see them relaxed ( especially a tiger ).

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Haseeb,

My first thought when I opened the thumbnail was, "wow, this is beautifully framed". The presentation here really works for me. I am wondering if a tad more DoF would have been better, but not a big issue. Lovely colours and detail on the muzzle and I really like those long whiskers.

Sad to hear this beauty is no longer around and I gather this frame is so special to you. Unlike my dozing lioness your tigress is sunk in deep sleep, inhaling the aroma of fresh earth beneath her. Those youthful features tell me she has nothing but herself to consider. Your image moves me Haseeb, thank you so much for sharing

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

10. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Haseeb, I like this, a nice peaceful Tiger with the head pleasingly resting in the 'V' of the rock/tree trunk. Also, with the eyes closed, I find the DoF spot on, what would more DoF bring as the eyes are closed, plus you would then need to increase the ISO to retain SS????? Now it could be argued that as the Tiger is sleeping/stationary then a lower SS would have been fine, however with the rather 'excited' folk you had in the Gipsy on your last encounter, a faster SS would have been the way to go IMHO.

I'm very surprised no one has commented on the lighter RHC, or how to draw more focus to the 'portrait', so here's my take as an option to the OP.

TFS
    Steve

PS If you get the option off load the 5D3 for the 4, it's not a 1DXMK2, but the files are far better, but you need to tweak the focusing in my experience

12. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Steve - I like your RP, very much. I am sure Haseeb also appreciates it. I did notice the bright bit in the RHC when I opened the thumbnail but got taken with that pink nose and whiskers and everything and forgot to mention it:)

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice indeed, I like the closed eyes she reminds me of jungle book and I don't really believe they are entirely shut I suspect she is having a smeaky peak through her eyelids. I think you did a great job on the fur. Good idea to tone down that corner!

15. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Gabriela, Steve and Jonathan !

@Steve -- I liked your RP and the thought process behind it. It does help in keeping the focus right on the subject , It didnt occurred to me at all. Will keep that in mind .