Thread: Tender Moment

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tender Moment

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everybody,

two Bengal tigers in Ranthambore having a tender moment while playing in the water. These are mother and cub. The tigress had 3 cubs, a tad oder as you can see. It was a great experience as always in India. Just go with the flow and enjoy

Lightroom I did the normal adjustments in Photoshop Midtones, Highlights and a tad the darks. Nothing else needed to be done, not even noise!

Used: FujiFilm X-T2 & 100-400mm & 1.4ext. and must say this camera blew my mind away! The details are madness great.

f/8.0; 1/1250sec; ISO 3200

Enjoy

Ciao Anette

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Anette - Great to see you posting. What a special moment. Love the water pouring off as well as the interaction. There's no color profile embedded in the image as posted. Once RGB is embedded the light/color seems a bit red but you were there. I might go even more pano eliminating the tree roots (?) in the upper left. Looking forward to seeing more from your recent travels. Where else this year besides India?

TFS,
    Rachel

3. Thanks Anette Mossbacher thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Anette,

Wonderful to see an image from you again, I have been missing your posts and comments here:)

This is a very special frame and I am green with envy. Not sure I would be able to "go with the flow" like you did, but I suppose it is what it takes to capture images of this species. Beautiful light and I love the pose and tenderness between mom and cub here. Composition is very pleasing. Image quality is great indeed, I am so glad to hear you are happy with your gear. Have you more images of this mom with all three cubs, I would love to see them. Would also like to hear more about your recent travels, I'll drop you a line soon my friend. Thank you so much for sharing, I certainly enjoyed viewing. Did not comment on the colours as I am viewing on the laptop, will take another look tonight

Have a lovely day Anette!

Hugs and pineapples

Gabriela
    Gabriela Plesea

5. Thanks Anette Mossbacher thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Anette -- Such a lovely moment , and nice scene with all the water dripping down. Beautiful colours on the tiger as well. Crop suggestion by Rachel can take this up a notch but all in all a fine image.

BTW, was Nafees bhai your guide on the trip ?

TFS !

7. Thanks Anette Mossbacher thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow, this looks awesome Anette. What a special privilege to photograph not one but two of these majestic Bengal tigers interacting with water dripping and unobstructed view. Congrats. Loi

9. Thanks Anette Mossbacher thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice to se you back posting again Anette,

Beautiful moment with the pair, both giving complementary poses and the added water running from the belly is a nice touch.

Like Rachel, I wasn't sure on the accuracy of the colours, but having never been to that part of the world, I'll bow to your knowledge.

Mike

11. Thanks Anette Mossbacher thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello everybody,

thank you very much for all your comments above.

Sorry Rachel for missing out the color thingy to embed. This images taken just few minutes before 6pm, after that we had quite a little run to get out of the park on time. We managed. Pano crop indeed it is, just wanted to hear what you all think about a crop. I did not ask, I know

Gabriela, will drop you a PM this week. Thanks so much for all pineapples and hug, am drowning in them Colorwise, just forget it, take it as it is; looks nice like that lololololololol

Haseeb, Nafees I know for a very long time. He is a good friend of mine. He helped me to organise this trip with tigers for my friend Jan van der Greef. As Jan is in a wheel chair and a madness great photographer, Jan asked me if I can get him to a few places in India. Nafees was absolutely very helpful and did a great job. You just go with the flow, as you know, trust your guide and all works When you see him send him my regards.

Loi, thank you very much, it was awesome. The guide did the major work as usual.

Mike, thank you very much. Colorwise, it was late and the sunset already started at that time.

Thank you very much everybody for taking the time to comment on this image.

Wish you all a great week

Ciao Anette

13. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post