Thread: Tennessee Warbler.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tennessee Warbler.

Attached Images Attached Images

What a nice surprise to find four Tennessee Warblers foraging in my backyard apple trees a couple weeks ago! As this is a species I had never had a good photo opportunity with it was time to go to work! I tried a setup, but none of four birds even flinched at the used of audio, just keeping on their merry ways, so plan "B" was to simply keep tracking one until it was in a clear spot. I got a couple of frames that worked out nicely I think, especially that it is not every day I get to photograph warblers in my backyard!!

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/160s., f/5.6, ISO 1600 (I got a couple of nice ISO 3200s too - stay tuned for one them), natural light, handheld, just about FF, darkened the pupil, cloned a petal touching the forehead and top of the bill, NR to the BG and oof leaves.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is very nice Daniel.
    The flowers set this guy off very nicely. Perfect calendar picture.
    I like the upturned head and IQ.
    The OOF flower in front and below the warbler pulls the eye but I understand and appreciate how difficult it is to get all the flowers within DOF.
    Always fun to be able to shoot in one's own backyard- coffee and bathroom are just a minute away!!!
    Gail

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice picture of one of my favorite warblers. They have such a beautiful and intensely loud song. Typical view is way up at the top of a tree and you never get to appreciate their subtle beauty. I like everything about this really. The pose and the placement in those flowers. You must have serious super human strength to hand hold that camera and lens and get such great results at 1/160!!! I do wish you had a little more depth of field to get the tail but it is still really nice.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A lovely shot. How nice to have apple trees in the backyard, and even nicer when they are visited by warblers. I would be very pleased with this.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

More proof of the benefits of patience Daniel, yielding a lovely image--the yellows in the bird coordinate very nicely with the yellowish tones in the apple leaves. Colour subtlties like these really elevate an image. And thank you for the helpful details on your PP approach.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congratulations Daniel, maybe global warming has some positives. Nice image, persistence paid off to get a clear shot. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The OOF flower does catch the eye, as it does on my last Puffin image, but, I think the bird looks so good, it draws the eye towards it.

Will