Thread: Wrangell Is. snow goose

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wrangell Is. snow goose

This was taken in Richmond ,B.C. in March 2017 a couple of weeks before the flock left for the spring migration to Wrangell Is. (in the Arctic Ocean north of Siberia). Canon 7D II, Canon EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, ISO 640, f/9, 1/1250, HH, substantial crop for portrait look.Comments welcomeName:  Wrangell Is. snow goose portrait.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  367.6 KB
    SaveSave
    SaveSave

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Bob, Nice looking bird and nice catchlight. I feel like this may be too much of a crop as it looks like the image quality has suffered here a bit and there is noise visible in the BG. I think if you had moved to the right a little it would have helped avoid that shadow. The other goose is not ideal but I understand they've often bunched up like this. Good sighting and TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the review Alex. I have been enjoying your images and value your advice, as, indeed, I value all advice on this Forum. I knew I'd be in trouble with noise with this crop, although for some reason I'm not very good at actually seeing noise, so all advice on that issue is really helpful. I wish I'd appreciated at the time the colour and textures I was getting so that I would have put more effort into getting some more isolated head shots.

4. Thanks Alex Becker thanked for this post