Thread: Cute wanna be predator

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Cute wanna be predator

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks i do also like to throw a different species in the mix for this month theme ..
    Always a great pleasure to watch and photograph this Cape Foxes when they have kittens , we got lucky and had some dens quite close to the road in the KTP .Only issue was that the youngsters were really tiny and not used to the cars and visitors in the park , so they has been quite skittish when cars approached or humans made noises . They just ran quickly back into the den , but normally came back quite quickly to the surface .
    The little cuties are very difficult to photograph as they run like bullets when chasing each other or playing with the mother .

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
    EF 500 IS L + 1,4 TC
    Beanbag

F 8 ; Iso 800 ; 1/1600 sec

Processed with DPP 4.6 and PS CC 2017 ; cropped for comp to 60 % of FF . I would have liked a cleaner setting in terms of grass stems that i do find quite distracting , but nothing i could have done to avoid them .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous thread .

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

He/she's so cute! Really like the pose of the little fox and the fact that it's head it's turned straight at you, not to mention the catchlight in the eyes. The soft light, it compliments the subject. As for the blades of grass, sometimes you just have to deal with what you got and that's it.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Andreas,

Delightful capture, was this taken when we were together in the Kalahari a couple of years back? Viewing on my laptop for now but will be back later for another look, just could not resist opening up the thumbnail:)

Indeed those little chaps run like bullets and not an easy task to focus on them. They disappear into a number of holes in the ground which form part of the den and pop up where you don't expect...What fun!

Superb pose from the subject and I just love the golden light. Well exposed. Nice eye contact and POV is great. Colours spot-on. Looking forward to seeing this again on the big screen, despite those grass blades I still think it would make a lovely print. You brought back lovely memories of happy times, Boetie - heartfelt thanks for sharing

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Dan and Gabriela for your kind comments ....much appreciated .
    Yep Gabriela this was taken in 2014....at Kij Kij

Cheers Andreas

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas - What a cutie! Nice golden tones to this. Great low pov and eye contact. Yes, the grass is distracting but it was there and we have all had those situations. The only blade that really bothers me is the one going up from the ear. I have not yet seen cape foxes close up, they have always been hundreds of yards/meters away whenever I have seen them so I am a bit jealous of this image even with the distractions.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely job Andreas go back to my point about the natural softness of the fur this shows it beautifully,one cue little face full of mischief,bits of grass are not a problem for me.

Keith.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas -- What a lovely land cute looking subject ! it must have been really exciting to witness their behaviour and at the same time capture them on the camera. I liked the golden hues and the catch light in its eye , come nice details also coming through . As far as grass blades are concerned, i know you could have done nothing abt it but it is at the same time hampering the frame IMHO , there is to much distraction for my liking , but have to live with it .

TFS !

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A cute moment well captured Andreas, granted the OOF grasses are a distraction but all part of wildlife photography and you've done well in reducing their highlights here,
    the low POV and eye contact are what makes this for me.

TFS

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a gorgeous image such a cute little critter! I know the grasses are less than ideal but they look as though they belong there and so the image holds together perfectly well to me.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cute Andreas, nice low POV.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice low point of view really like the earth tone colors.