Thread: My Robin

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default My Robin

Attached Images Attached Images

This is a little friend of mine who comes to eat all the food I can put out for him. I decided to see if I could get a fw action shots and rather than having him arriving stereotypically to a perch I thought I would try something a little different.
    I used mealworms as bait which did the trick but they would not of course normally be found in an aquatic environment. You may think the robin wouldn't either...... but you would be wrong! I almost got the shot I wanted he was on a small log and be was trying to catch tadpoles! I managed to duplicate the scenario with mealworms but as I indicated previously this is a false scenario - just a little fun.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Jon,

Beautiful little Robin and great images too!

I guess the little worm was too much of a temptation...You are giving me ideas now, I have a Robin or two in my garden and a pond as well...But there's a slight problem: I have a rock python in the pond who loves to eat little birds...

Super comp and colours, nice and sharp - each and every frame! Wonderful sequence, Jon. I really appreciate this. Capturing the images must have been fun, but it takes quite an effort to process and present them in a way that tells the story.
    I truly enjoyed viewing
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon,
    Nice in flight captures of this little bird - not easy to do! An interesting scenario with the mealworms on the lily pad - makes for a nice, unusual setting. Well done.
    Allen

4. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

John I love how you have taken ,what must be regarded as slightly unusual behaviour for a robin ie tad catching,and worked it into this sequence,you,re a wonderful photographer jon,and it's an incredible set especially for a bit of fun,but it's your thought process here that is really beguiling to me. Proper little treat looking at these jon also terribly inspiring
    very cool buddy

Stu

PS Got to say Gabby's rock pythom made me smile a bit we don#t know what we are missing in blighty