Thread: Interested Enough...(C)

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Interested Enough...(C)

Attached Images Attached Images

Just a young cheetah cub I had the pleasure of meeting this morning at a rehabilitation centre nearby. Hope this brings a smile

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely images, Gabriela... they did bring a smile to my face.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I smiled too in fact I am still smiling - lovely shots Gabriela I really enjoyed looking.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gabriela, very nice series - he/she looks so intense but is really cute too! You caught these expressions very well.
    Allen

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you so much dear Joseph, Jon and Allen - so grateful for your support in this Forum

It was an interesting experience, spending yesterday morning with a cheetah mother and cubs at a nearby wildlife rehabilitation centre. They are kept in a fairly small enclosure for now, the cubs are so tiny that even birds of prey pose a threat to their safety. In two weeks' time they will be moved to a much bigger enclosure, so I look forward to another visit. And hopefully better images:) The owners plan to release them when ready to be on their own, which is at about 18 months. I was asked whether I was willing to pop in from time to time and record their growing up stages - I gladly agreed.

I went there not quite knowing what to expect and so took all my gear along. Ended up using only two lenses, 70-200 F2.8 and 200-400 F4. At times I wished I had taken my cellphone along, or a point-and-shoot. The cubs were running around a lot and often ended up too close to me so I could not take any images. At some point one was trying to climb on my knee while the other was nibbling on my camera bag. Mom is fairly tame, the cubs have not been introduced to people. I was advised not to interact with them so all I did was take a couple of images, albeit in difficult conditions...The rest of the time, I just stared in wonder at their beauty and innocence:)

Will be back with more images over the next few weeks, once again thank you for viewing and kind comments, much appreciated!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea