Thread: Magnolia Warbler

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Magnolia Warbler

Attached Images Attached Images

One of many warbler species we saw at Magee Marsh on 5/11. Perhaps some others to follow.

D500, 500f4 + 1.4 TC, ISO 1250, 1/800s @ f/6.3 manual. Removed one oof branch.

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful capture, Bill. This is when you almost hope for this particular warbler to perch a little above you. With these amazing markings you want to show as much as possible. You've accomplished that with this pose. Like the defused light and pastel BG. Well done.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice view of this little guy. Good background as well. Maybe a little to low in the frame.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dix View Post
    One of many warbler species we saw at Magee Marsh on 5/11. Perhaps some others to follow.

D500, 500f4 + 1.4 TC, ISO 1250, 1/800s @ f/6.3 manual. Removed one oof branch.
    I have absolutely no idea how you pulled this off at Magee Bill. Everything I saw was so obscured with branches in terrible lighting. I lasted maybe an hour before I left. To me it seems like an excellent place for birding, but less than appealing for photography.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you all. Daniel, Magee is indeed a tough place for photography. It seems to have gotten more crowded this year, so I can understand your reaction. But since we drove 10 hours to get there, I wasn't about to leave without a few frames. My strategy was to find a place with a more-or-less unobstructed view and some decent perches, grab a spot along the boardwalk rail, and wait for some action. The problem with this strategy was that as soon as the birds appeared, so did the people, and I became wedged in to my spot without being able to move a foot one way or the other.