Thread: The Queen of Ranthambore !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default The Queen of Ranthambore !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone ,

I am really very sorry for not posting frequently these days as too much of work has piled up but believe me I want to post daily especially when the months theme is predators .

Here is a portrait of Noor , the mother of three at the moment , one of the star attraction of our trip to Ranthambore recently .

Eager to have all your suggestions and comments .

CS6, DPP 4.5, WB, levels , saturation , selective colour , sharpening, cropped from top , rest is FF .

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 500mm f4 IS II, Bean Bag .

1/2000 sec; f/5.6; ISO 3200

Cheers.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yep, Noor is certainly a celeb for sure Haseeb and one very photogenic Tigress, someone I have been following over the last 3 months on a personal note, so well done in getting this.

With the clipped paw I would have added the 1.4 and gone for a tighter 'portrait' of her, especially with the muted backdrop. Although for me it's not a deal breaker because of that lovely gaze, although it will 'bug' some folk. I also think you could have dropped to around ISO2500, but no issues with the MKII on IQ here, looks like you are enjoying the jump and benefitting from it for sure. A hint more life back in the eyes will bring a sparkle IMHO.

With the MKII you can do much more in terms of 'pushing' the conversion if required, stuff that might surprise you, but not suitable for other bodies . I would 'blow' in some colour LHS to loose the highlights and provide more uniform background. I think you could even up the Exposure by a third too.

TFS
    Steve

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb - A very nice portrait of this female tiger with an alert pose and excellent eye contact. Yes, the clipped paw is unfortunate and I probably would have gone tighter either in the field or with the crop. If you do so with the crop now it will also eliminate the bright hl in the ulc. If it were mine I would tame the bright grass stalk coming up from the bottom onto the body.

TFS,
    Rachel

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb. A wonderful image with nice detail and colours. Love that stare and the BG. The paw doesn't bother me too much and I would be more that happy to get something like this. Agree adding the 1.4 X could have given a nice tight close up of this beauty. I hope you have more to share.
    regards
    sanjeev

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Liking the pose, quality and overall colour from this tigress here Haseeb, she looks very distinctive with an unusaul face, agree on the clipped paw and would also crop in closer, nicely seen.

TFS

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Your Queen is beautiful and so dignified, Sanjeev.

Lovely detail and the colours are superb. Sorry about the missing end of that paw, I just think the IQ allows for a closer crop, worth a try?

Mesmerising eye contact and the pose is just stunning. Super techs too. A few little touches, like the one Rachel suggested ( taming the bright grass ) would certainly benefit this frame. Such a pleasure to view, wonderful work my friend!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

11. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is one of those shots where the subject makes you forget any technical flaws. Beautiful.

13. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you everyone, I am 50-50 on the clipped paw , but will look into the alternate crop as suggested by you. Also other adjustments as recommended are worth considering , thanks for helping in enhancing this image in different ways as suggested , much appreciated .

@ Gabriela : By Sanjeev , you certainly meant Haseeb

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Haseeb little nit well covered re the paw,the head and face is so good that makes up for it ,magnificent beast very well taken.

Keith.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Based on the suggestions, Here is a RP , WDYT ?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb yep she is a gorgeous looking tigress .
    She gave you a very nice relaxed look ....still looking kind of checking you out .
    Nice super clean BG and the overall color and tone combo are looking quite good to me . Even though i tend to look at the oranges .....and would reduce them , might be just my personal pref .
    The RP does look better in terms of brightness / exp , but be careful with the HL , as i feel they are a tiny bit too bright . Look at the red channel .

Nice work Haseeb

TFS Andreas

18. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Majestic!