Thread: Juvenile black-crowned night heron

Hybrid View

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Juvenile black-crowned night heron

Attached Images Attached Images

As I was panning this juvenile black-crowned night heron, he got too close and landed in a bush. I had cut off some of the wing because he got too close, so I made an attempt to crop it like you see it here. I've seen photos without all the wings shown. What do you think? My settings were f7.1, 1/2000, ISO 2500, 338mm.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I don't mine the cropped wings, not sure about the cattail tops though. cool backlit feathers, looks correctly exposed and sharp. nice pic

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bird is nice and sharp and I love the way the underfeathers are ruffled. Very good detail in the wings.
    In a perfect world, the wings would be entirely within the frame but you made lemonade out of lemons and the crop looks nice.
    I wish the bird had been caught higher above the grasses so that the feet were clearly visible,
    Gail

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Agree that you've made lemonade from lemons with the crop. Details look nice but hard to say at this size -- you can post at 1200 wide and that will help better critique the image. Like the crazed look of this guy. TFS