Thread: Tigress @ Bandhavgadh NP

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tigress @ Bandhavgadh NP

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi everyone,
    I was missing photography & posting here so went for a short trip to Bandhavgarh NP, MP, India. We had a few sightings of tigers but none to my liking so had to do with what I got. The sightings are pouring in Tadoba & Ranathambhor right now, wish I was there!
    This tigress emerged from the thicket right next to our vehicle as the driver anticipated her path and positioned just right so she walked at me and emerged in the clear.\
    5D III
    100-400 II @ 142mm
    1/1000
    f/5.6
    ISO 1600

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, well positioned and anticipated to capture this magnificent animal emerging from the bush. I like the walking pose with the raised left foot, and the head is nice and sharp. I only wish the slope continued to the edge of the frame on the LHS, as the marking look unnatural.

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev - Welcome back. The tiger looks very good. The shooting angle is unfortunate but I imagine there was nothing you could do about it. The pano crop works. I agree with Stu though about the left side of the frame looking unnatural and distracting.

TFS,
    Rachel

5. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Stu & Rachel. I could crop out the tire tracks but I thought the space was needed for the tigress to walk into. I hope you noticed the injury on her right front limb. Probably from a hunt?

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Sanjeev,

Stunning tigress. All works for me very well, save for that bit on the LHS. Sorry to mention it again, but I would crop it out at the risk of ending up with a tight frame as it is just too obvious. Otherwise a very well exposed image, well processed, lovely colours and sharpness, subject stands out nicely against the BG.

I hope you have more sightings in the future and share them with us. I do realise how special this animal is and how few of them left in the wild, so many thanks for sharing, dear Sanjeev!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

8. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nit well covered Sanjeev ,I do like the Tiger itself with good detail and a natural look,very well done getting this shot of this fine beast.

Keith.

10. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

HI Sanjeev -- Its great to have you have back here at BPN . And what better than a tiger image to start with. I agree with the above comments and i amsure the shooting angle was this only option that you opted for .

I recently visited Ranthambore and it was really raining Tigers out there, but for me Bandhavgarh has always been special and lucky .

TFS !

12. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev I must echo the comments of it's lovely to see you back and what a magnificent tigress to kick off with. It must be amazing to experience these big cats SOOO close in the wild. I feel the nits are very much covered. Sanjeev the sheers size and power of that front raised paw is really driven home to me the onlooker in your image.

Sanjeev I really feel that if you cropped right to the edge of the nearest track to the tigress keeping some of the overspill sand , the frame would work quite well. Sadly I haven't the ability to share exactly what I mean ,but I feel there is still room for her to move into and the distraction is far less

take care look forwards to more Sanjeev

Stu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The right hand 3/4 of the frame are excellent, great details on the tigress, natural but not too cluttered background. Pity about the tracks on the left, but they are what they are.

Mike