Thread: King of the Jungle

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default King of the Jungle

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ....wonder why i come with another Tiger frame , i have no idea
    I still feel i did not made the best out of the small options i had during that visit to Bandhavgarh NP .Same male tiger as previous posting , after he disappeared into the bamboo forest and came back later in the day .
    We were parked at an half way decent angle .....finally he came out to go to a murky looking artificial waterhole . I got thrilled by his appearance and forgot almost everything ....about the techs ....plus panic on the gypsy if we were positioned right etc ....well i could tell you a lot more about the feelings i had . Finally i was just firing frames without thinking ..... what a rookie i was at that time !!!

Nevertheless i will post some in the near future ....even they are not as up to my seal image standards ....

Canon EOS 1Dx
    EF 200-400 IS L at 364 mm
    HH lying somewhat weird across the back of the gypsy

F 4 ; Iso 320 ; 1/1000 sec

Processed with DPP 4.6 and PS CC 2017; cropped for comp to eliminate the artificial murky waterhole .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread.

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Andreas those the don't make mistakes don't do anything,first thing that catches my eye is how the Tiger blends in so well with the bamboo bg it's stripes would really blend if it was more side on.look like you could not do a lot with the stones in the foreground,The Tiger itself looks lovely to me.

Keith.

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas - Always good to see a tiger image. Nice walking pose and decent eye contact. Colors look good. The only thing not working for me is the comp but understand you didn't really have a lot of choices with the hand of man elements present. It feels like the tiger is walking out of the frame. I would prefer more room to the left. Not a deal breaker though.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas,if a nature photographer wasn't thrilled to the point of becoming a rookie for a few moments,ha ha which you are certainly not,I'd probably argue that guy has lost something special.
    Cool shot what a spectacle that must be a wild tiger walking towards one. I actually quite like the framing/crop, as it is so different,it works for me almost because of this. I'm sure if things were ideal the crop would be much different.

I've enjoyed this one andreas you also made me smile because you turning into a rookie because you care is the very reason you get so much emotion into the seal images I love so much

cheers

Stu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the look of this Andreas, but do agree with Rachel and wished this feline was walking out from the opening on the right, the BG bamboo wall adds impact here.

TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas, I know how you feel. I was there a couple weeks ago and though we saw 3 tigers, only one was a clear shot. Of course it was nice to see them thriving well. I like the habitat and the eye contact.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Colours look great Andreas and I like the in habitat essence of the shot. Composition not ideal but understood why........have you tried flipping the image laterally, I think it looks better.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, I like the eye contact, and eye level perspective. With the Tiger emerging from the Bamboo forest, it sort of gives the image a 3D feel to it.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Dear Andreas,

A beauty of a tiger, lovely image well processed and I really like the setting with that bamboo forest behind the subject.

I played around a bit... In the end came up with a different comp, also flipped horizontally - not sure you'll like it Boetie, but I tried

Have a lovely evening, thank you so much for sharing this with us. I wish I had just one tiger image...

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks so much folks for your comments and suggestions , much appreciated .
    I fully agree with your thoughts of the placement of the tiger ... even before i posted this .

Gabriela nothing can really help .... as i do not pixel bash that much .

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas -- This is the problem with the tiger photography , we get way too excited when it appears , and believe me it still happens with me and it will never stop i guess , a marvelous specimen here , sure to have caused a lot of excitement . I know this water hole (tadoba ), because of the dry settings and cement water hole for which tadoba is famous for, it is a challenging place with lots of man made elements and closely placed vehicles and inspite of that you have done extremely well. great PP work as usual .

TFS !