Thread: Red fox

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red fox

Attached Images Attached Images

canon 5dMK4 - 600F4ii - iso 1600- f5.6 - -1/3EV -1/640 - hand held................hope you like it

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sasan - Nice light hitting the fox's face. Placement in the frame is good but I would prefer a bit more room below for the virtual legs. Did you blur the bg or apply NR? It looks a little too smooth.

Don't forget to give your thoughts on others' wildlife images. We recommend commenting on 3-5 wildlife images each time you post one of your own. It's the best way for us to all learn from each other and encourages a feeling of community. Your comments do not have to be technical in nature. Just tell us what you like or don't like about an image.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Hollander View Post
    Hi Sasan - Nice light hitting the fox's face. Placement in the frame is good but I would prefer a bit more room below for the virtual legs. Did you blur the bg or apply NR? It looks a little too smooth.

Don't forget to give your thoughts on others' wildlife images. We recommend commenting on 3-5 wildlife images each time you post one of your own. It's the best way for us to all learn from each other and encourages a feeling of community. Your comments do not have to be technical in nature. Just tell us what you like or don't like about an image.

TFS,
    Rachel
    Hi Rachel thanks for comment ...the Background is natural and don't blur.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sasan ....agree 100 % with Rachel on all counts .

TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Again, pretty much as Rachel said!

Beautiful light on the fox, making him / her stand out against the lush green background. A bit more below would have ben nice, but still a lovely image.

Mike

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Sasan

Great to see you posting here in the Wildlife Forum! Lovely Theme image, pretty little fox and what lovely inquisitive look in those beautiful eyes - well captured! Superb pose and subject stands out really nicely against the soft BG.

Please forgive my ignorance as I am really not familiar with the subject, I am just a little baffled by the difference in colour between the head and body as I would expect some reds/orange to occur - ever so slightly - in other places (chest, for e.g.) and not just face? I do agree with Rachel above on the need for a tad more room below, at the same time I do like the space in front of the fox and its placement in the frame.

Another observation, IMO the shutter speed is a bit low, especially since you had no support for your gear and the fox seems on the move.

I really enjoyed viewing your fox image and would love to see more from this sighting if you have, also looking forward to hear what you think of other posts in this Forum.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The first thing I notice is the head it looks about perfect ,like Gabriela I am also wondering about the change of colour from the neck down,I have often seen Foxes with this grey colour to the chest and under belly but the whole Fox body is new to me,I wonder about it's molt and also the part of the world it lives in ,all I have to go on is these in my part of the UK,it all stands out very well against that good bg with just splashes of yellow,very nice job.

Keith.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

thanks all friends for comment,This photo was taken at a red light( the last seconds of the sunset)and Light emitted only the head and face fox so face color is different from body color

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for this sasan it is certainly a different colour Fox which I have not seen before,covers all the colour issues for me.

Keith.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A very nice capture and I enjoyed looking at the subsequent images too. My thought throughout all was that the colours look very saturated/rich - perhaps that is just the way they are - I wish we had a little more colour over here!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sasan this is a lovely capture I agree a little more room below would be nice but it's a beautiful frame. Along with my friends from the UK I do find the colours very different to our native red fox,I know the grey Keith talks of and also wondered if he is in the molt, before reading your observations on the light.

I like the crest of the bank you have caught him on Sasan and your low POV it makes this frame for me

thanks for sharing

take care

Stu

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Sasan, I understand. And I would love to see more images from you, please - keep them coming!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea