Thread: Black Skimmer skimming at dawn blur

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Black Skimmer skimming at dawn blur

Attached Images Attached Images

This image was created on the April 2017 Fort DeSoto IPT with the hand held Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM lens, the Canon Extender EF 1.4X III (at 560mm) and my favorite bird photography camera body, the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV. ISO 800. Evaluative metering +1 2/3 stops: 1/15 sec. at f/9 in Tv mode. AWB. LensAlign/FocusTune micro-adjustment: +7. Center Large Zone/AI Servo/Shutter Button AF was active at the moment of exposure. The AF system activated three AF points in the left center of the frame (see the DDP 4 screen capture below). None of the AF points were anywhere near the bird.

Learn lots more about the creation of this image in the Pre-dawn Photo Tip and NIK 50-50 on the Whole Image! blog post here.Visit the blog post to learn my pre-dawn blur technique.

As for the image, all honest comments are welcome.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Artie, I really like this technique and especially the effect it had on the skimmer's right wing. I'm conflicted on the greenish edge of the left wing. What do you think?
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/