Thank You Posts

Default Falling Off.

Attached Images Attached Images

Harvest Mouse.
    Nikon D4
    Nikon 300mm 2.8
    1/2000@F7.1
    ISO 1000.

This was about the next frame to my last post and do think the head angle is slightly better,but still showing the use of it's prehensile tail.

Thanks a lot for your comments and tips on my last post.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this one even better than your previous Keith, agree the HA is better, the wrapped tail and those dangling feet are priceless and what makes the image for me, nicely seen again.

TFS
    Last edited by Marc Mol; 05-13-2017 at 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Keith i agree with Marc that this one looks better on all counts .
    Super series of yours , love it.
    I might just get rid of the darker blob in the corner .

TFS Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Keith - I only want to photograph mice now, mice and poppies, that is!

I really like this, besides from being funny it is a great behavioural shot. That tail wrapped around the flower and those little pink feet dangling in-between kept me glued to the screen for a while now. And I am smiling from ear to ear.

Well processed and the colours are great. Hmmm...I agree with Andreas, the dark blob does not belong:) Perhaps it might have been good to have had more stem in the frame? How about you try a vertical shot to emphasise the height of the flowers? This would add more drama in terms of the "risks" the subject is taking to get to the top.

Great techs and PP work overall, truly enjoyed viewing, I want more please:)

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Marc and Andreas pleased you are enjoying my Mice ,Thanks a lot Gabriela,I have a lot more will see if I can crop them like you suggest,promise I will post more as long as I,m not boring every one ,would love to get one hanging on that prehensile tail

Keith.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Keith -- this is fantastic , agree with the above comments , the image is much better than the previous frame. looks good on all counts including the techs . Very nicely done.

TFS !

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Keith - I agree, the HA is better here. PP looks good and again it is a fun image with the mouse hanging in midair. I also like that we can see the front foot clinging to the flower. Don't crop to vertical, shoot some in vertical orientation in the field.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you for your kind words Haseeb,thanks Rachel" vertical orientation " I will give this a go on my next session.

Keith.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Keith it's a gem! Love it, such an appealing little mouse (my wife wouldn't agree) I love the way he is struggling to get a grip, hope you have some more!... or if you don't I hope you will be taking some!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks a lot Jon ,my wife is the same as yours so I hope and pray they stay down the garden,I will get the blame which ever species they are.Very pleased you like it.

Keith.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Keith,howareyamate? Wow this is an absolute corker just love it buddy the behaviour, the tail, the dangling legs ,it's wonderful Keith. Oh mate, I for one will never tire of your mice,I know how you feel: me and hares all the time of late ,but I just adore these captures!! Always have since first seeing them,please share more buddy. Mind as much as i've always liked them this one for me is very special.
    So the next will be hanging by it's tail shot in portrait I think you have a challenge on your hands my friend

Great work buddy

stu

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Stu I will try for a tail hanger.

Keith.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Keith, As noted above, this is an outstanding image. How did you get so close? Moving two feet to your right would have helped you to better parallel the subject. With love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie sorry about the time replying to your kind comment which is much appreciated but had a little holiday."How did you get so close?" if I give myself plenty of time and sit very still they soon take very little notice of you and of course it's hardly a chore watching these little mice with there great climbing skills which I really enjoy.

Thanks a lot Keith.