Thread: Greetings from Romania

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Greetings from Romania

Hy everyone, I'm an amateur enthusiast from Arad, Romania. I started shooting wildlife about a year ago, with a friend and its rather addictive I must say. The sensation of getting close to an animal (more often I fail, for now), observing its behaviour and reactions and beeing out in nature for a few hours has proven to be a very intense and pleasurable experience. I'm not an avid bird photographer, prefer to shoot larger mamals (that is when I can get them in focus) and insects. I've been reading the forums for a while, they are a great source of information and hopefully I'll be able to improve my skills and my photographs. My gear consists at the moment of a Canon 7D mkI body and several canon lenses: 300 f4 L, 70-200 f4, 100-400 mk II L, all IS and a 1.4 TC.

Regards
    Bretoteanu Dan
    Last edited by Bretoteanu Dan; 05-10-2017 at 02:39 PM. Reason: misspeling

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN!! As you found out, it sure is addictive. Looks like you are well equipped to create some good stuff. Looking forward to your participation!

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Dan,

Another warm welcome from me, and sorry to chip in so late - I only saw this now I did manage to pass a comment on your latest image in Wildlife and very excited to see more from you in the future.

I was born in Bucharest but spent the past twenty-six years in South Africa. Have not been to Romania in a very long time but I do remember its stunning landscapes and wonderful wildlife. I shall follow your posts with much interest, Dan - keep them coming

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello and welcome to BPN, Dan. Glad to hear you're getting in the nature photography. Learning your subjects' behavior and habits will hasten your becoming a better photographer b/c you'll be able to better anticipate their behavior. Looking forward to seeing a few of your images in Wildlife.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook