Thread: Osprey blast off

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Osprey blast off

Name:  Lake-Blue-Osprey-take-off-2-BPN.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  337.9 KB

One form a trip to Lake Blue Cypress a few weeks ago. A great experience, not just for the Ospreys either. Just before dawn, I had a wild Barred Owl within 10 feet of me and perfectly happy, but it would have taken a blast of flash for a shot, so I just enjoyed the experience instead. Wonderful!

Anyway, I went out with one of the guides from Middletons fish camp (ask for Alan if anybody wants to go - he doesn't know much photographically but is a great outdoors man who knows the subjects very well) and the 2 hour trip was worth every penny.

This was probably my favourite from the trip, albeit I had plenty of keepers, but I have really struggled with the crop - I could go looser, vertical, have more greenery, clone the greenery out. Any ideas?

Techs wise, Canon 1dx
    500mm f4is (should have added the 1.4x)
    ISO 1600
    1/5000th f5.6

Mike

Threads
    Thank You Posts

No need for the 1.4X TC for this one. Lovely almost perfect raised wing pose. (The near wing could have been raised a bit more.) Try a 70 pixel Gaussian blur on the greenery and reduce the opacity to taste ...

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Mike Sharks one day and a cracking Osprey the next,you have some lovely detail in the whites and a good upright wing pose,all very nicely done.

Keith.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice raised wing on the bird, good head angle as well. I would probably remove the green in the bottom right corner.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Perfect HA and I like the perch with the visible fish.
    I would clone out the greenery if mine. It pulls the eye away from the osprey.
    I think your comp is good.
    Very nice,
    Gail