Thread: Tiger

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tiger

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks after a very long time , i finally thought i post a tiger image ....just to post it .
    I was very unhappy at that time during my visit to Bandhavgarh NP in april last year, we had some sightings , but not in the way i would have loved to meet this majestic cat.
    Crowds , racing cars , cars bumping into one another and last but not least yelling people !!!!

Sightings has never been relaxed , and the cats never played a nice game for us ......but hey at least it was good to see some of them alive and in good condition .I have heard there are ways to get them maybe in a more relaxed way , as i bet i.e. Andy Rouse would not photograph them in the way i tried to to do it.
    Difference is he is doing it for money ... i do it for pure pleasure .
    I am still frustrated about the conditions .....that i still think i will not go back in the closer future , when looking at Haseebs frames i do think differently ....well but i have my experience .......

So here you go ...Male tiger having a rest in the shade , lying right next to the road and close to an artificial waterhole .
    The piece of wood on LHS is a wooden barrier to avoid cars going right up to the waterhole , i am not happy with this but sadly unavoidable due to the location . No options for another shooting angle , as cars lined up one by another . I was so surprised about the tigers behavior while car engines running and people yelling and shouting ....he kept cool and made his things for a while . Finally showed his butt and went off into the jungle without looking back .

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
    EF 500 IS L + 1,4 TC
    HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 3200 ; 1/1600 sec

Processed with DPP 4.6 and PS CC 2017 , full frame

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas -- Glad that you posted a Tiger image from your Bandhavgarh trip and i know how chaotic it becomes when a tiger is sighted. That is the most unfortunate part of tiger tourism when people behave in that manner. Over the years I have also started to avoid going to places where there is so much of rush or opt for a full day safari where you have better opportunities and time ( of course it comes at a cost ).

Coming to your image and I must say this is one very good looking Tiger and looks in his prime. I have not seen this male , who usually avoids humans , so in that manner you are pretty lucky. You have also got those fine details in the subject, IQ is fantastic . The wooden post in the BG is pretty unfortunate but i know there would have been no other angle available. I am not sure on that paw clipped out, looks somewhat odd to me.

I would love to see this tiger in the near future if he stays around .

TFS !

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas - The conditions you describe as well as the images I have seen of large numbers of vehicles at tiger sightings is why I don't have a desire to go to India to photograph them. As for the image, nice close up with good detail and sharpness. The cocked head and tongue add a bit of character too. Yes, the post is unfortunate but nothing you could do about it. Despite the conditions, to see a tiger in its prime in the wild must be very special.

TFS,
    Rachel

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Hollander View Post
    . As for the image, nice close up with good detail and sharpness. The cocked head and tongue add a bit of character too. Yes, the post is unfortunate but nothing you could do about it. Despite the conditions, to see a tiger in its prime in the wild must be very special.

TFS,
    Rachel
    Rachel has summed up my critique nicely Andreas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Hollander View Post
    I have seen of large numbers of vehicles at tiger sightings is why I don't have a desire to go to India to photograph them.
    My sentiments exactly, and the reason I too haven't ventured to the sub continent to photograph this beautiful feline.............such a shame really.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Andreas,

Despite difficulties encountered at those tiger sightings, you still produced the loveliest images:)

Set aside those man made elements in this frame I just wish to mention what I like most, which is the eye contact you established with the tiger and relaxed pose you captured from him. What a beautiful representative of this species, love the rich colours and tones here, well exposed despite poor lighting conditions, composition is best under the circumstances.

Not seen a tiger in the wild. Perhaps I never will. But I thoroughly enjoyed viewing your image, Boetie - thank you

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas problem bits well covered above ,will not repeat but I think Gabriela's says very much what I am thinking.That's one fine looking beast.

Keith.