Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme. Harvest mouse. c?

Attached Images Attached Images

Nikon d4 Nikon 300mm 2.8
    1/2500@f7.1
    iso 1600.

Thanks for your comment on my last post,this one taken at a lot faster shutter speed which I hope as improved the IQ ,just a little crop for presentation.

Keith.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Keith yep does look better in terms of detail and sharpness .
    Love the clean BG and the mouse and its perch , was she going to jump ? Looks like .
    I think overall a bit more tonal depth would not hurt , but do not punch the blacks .....
    Keep the little folks coming .... really lovely to look at .

Here is a demo .... TFS Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks a lot Andreas that makes all the difference,would you be a real pal and tell me what you did,it looks perfect to me.

keith.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Keith, looks like you are having fun, another lovely image.

Techs look better and Andreas has taken it to where it needs to be. A bit more sharpening and just try to address those hotspots in camera that appear on the grasses. Perhaps shoot portrait here and watch your DoF/SS, plus give yourself enough room all round so your crop is not so tight to the 'perch', especially at the foot as per this posting.

Looks like you might have some good weather, so get out there and as they are freely running around, not baited etc, it's safe to say they are Wild.

TFS
    Steve

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Keith - Another nice mouse image. Andreas has taken it where it needs to go in terms of tone especially the highlights on the stalk. I too would like to see the tip of the stalk at the bottom of the frame plus a little more room. What caught the mouse's attention? It's a cute pose. However, if it was a bird we would be saying the HA was not ideal because it is away from you, rather than parallel to the sensor or angled slightly toward you. Although you mentioned supplementing the food of the mice, assuming they can come and go from the greenhouse enclosure, my feeling then is that they are no different from a bird attracted to a feeder in someone's backyard and would be classed as wild. I do think if you are attracting them with food, you should continue to disclose same.

TFS,
    Rachel

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Oh Keith well i cannot say what i did exactly in all steps .... i just did it in between dinner in just 3 minutes .

The base was the use of the ACR filter through the red channel in PS on a separate layer .
    If i recall right i dropped the exp , the HL and the whites at x amount , in the color tab i dropped the luminance of red/orange
    Back in PS i corrected the contrast with curves and i made a small round of sharpening

Hope this helps ....Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Helps a lot Andreas thanks a lot,Thanks Rachel ,my greenhouse is full of all sorts of food for my bird feeders and the Mice that I have in captivity for my breeding program and other assorted pets which is a good food source of food for all,those that run free help themselves,thanks for the tips Steve much appreciated .

Keith.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Keith,

Another sweet little character and the pose is superb, love the colours and BG. Nice touch from Andreas in his RP.

I wish you'd spend more time in that green house of yours, I would love to see more!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sorry about my late reply to your kind comment,it's very much appreciated and I promise to spend more time with my camera in the greenhouse.

Keith.