Thread: DPP 4.6.20 and canons DPP3

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default DPP 4.6.20 and canons DPP3

Guys I started into wildlife photography with a canon 550D. Obviously at the time DPP4 didn't exist,so all my pics were loaded into DPP3. Now with the latest update to version 4 ie 6.10 my old camera is now supported ,so I can edit all of my precious images in the latest programme. Which is brilliant as it's lightyears better than DPP3. So my question is now that all my images are supported by the lastest incarnate of DPP4 can I simply delete the older version on my computer. Is there any possibility that I might loose older images that were intiially loaded into DPP3 via the EOS utility.

Many thanks in advance for any help,
    kind regards

stu
    Last edited by Stuart Philpott; 04-24-2017 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Typo in title Dpp 4.6.10 but can't change

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Stu,
    you can easily remove the old DPP. Unlike Adobe and other programs that copies your RAW files into nested albums and catalogue folders DPP does not mess up with your RAW files in any way. you can just delete the old one and your images stay where they are

best
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arash_hazeghi View Post
    Hi Stu,
    you can easily remove the old DPP. Unlike Adobe and other programs that copies your RAW files into nested albums and catalogue folders DPP does not mess up with your RAW files in any way. you can just delete the old one and your images stay where they are

best
    Hi Arash, thank you very much for the speedy reply,good to know.
    It's a real thrill that canon did this,I didn't ever think this would happen, thank Canon!!

cheers

Stu