Canon 7D mark II
    Canon 300 f.2,8 is plus extender 1,4
    iso 250
    1/8000
    f.4

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'm not sure what you were trying to achieve here. I find the background harsh on the eyes, and distracting from the sillhouetted bird.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

NO

Sorry I'm blunt on this one but it's time to head back to the drawing board.

-Tim

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Govanni, This one is close but no cigar. Keep trying and keep thinking out of the box. I have tried many similar to this without great success. Without the green on the top this might be pretty cool. Keep on looking for the blasting highlight situations and eventually you may come up with a BBC winner, or at least with something wonderful and different.

with love,

artie
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 04-24-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Govanni, This one is close but no cigar. Keep trying and keep thinking out of the box. I have tried many similar to this without great success. Without the green on the top this might be pretty cool. Keep on looking for the blasting highlight situations and eventually you may come up with a BBC winner, or at least with something wonderful and different.

with love,

artie

Artie thanks..it is right...I tried also without green and it is a bit better.
    I sometime spend time waiting birds under a mimetic cover ...so for me is necessary try solution out of the order ...and I hope sometimes the right shoot will go out...
    But, as you said in your blog, is better have an idea in advance ...
    Thanks again
    Gio

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gio, this doesn't really work for me sadly, but I like the fact you are trying to "find" something maybe a little different. Although for me this one doesn't work,I find your post inspiring,it is good to think a little differently Thanks for sharing Gio,an unusual shot that makes me think!!

take care

Stu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni Frescura View Post
    Artie thanks..it is right...I tried also without green and it is a bit better.
    I sometime spend time waiting birds under a mimetic cover ...so for me is necessary try solution out of the order ...and I hope sometimes the right shoot will go out...
    But, as you said in your blog, is better have an idea in advance ...
    Thanks again
    Gio
    YAW Giovanni, Only sometimes to I head into the field with an idea for a specific type of image in my mind. Usually I am open to the situations that present themselves. with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.