Thread: Field of Gold

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Field of Gold

I am a little bit late to the Carrizo Plains wildflower party, but I thought I would share my visit there, too. I was there at the tail end of a passing storm that gives such a dramatic light to the scene. I took a slightly different approach to show the wildflower "megabloom" this year. Rather than showcasing the flowers, like my other landscape images, I turn towards an abstract representation of the scene depicting the rolling hills of the Temblor Range blanketed by the wildflowers. The flowers are mostly hillside daisy and California goldfields. There are also patches purple phacellias.

Nikon D750 and Nikkor 300 f/4 AF lens: ISO 1600, f/7.1, 1/1600

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful light and scene Adhika...love the shadow play... I might consider cropping a little off the top or working up the cloud a little more...
    Don

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Much appreciated, Don! Thanks for your advice. I see what you mean about the cloud, let me see if I can play with it a little bit more. :)

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Adhika, I love the layered hillside covered in the wildflowers...nice take on this scene and well seen too. I would like to see the clouds a bit darker to make the layered hills pop a bit more...a black-blue coloration to the clouds would really be ideal. Nice work!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful colors and layers here agrre with the others on darkening the sky I might even go as far as cropping it completely out.
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Andrew & Don, yep; gonna come back to the sky a little bit on this one very soon. Thanks for the inputs again!