Thread: Brown Something or Other on a lovely this or that

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Brown Something or Other on a lovely this or that

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm new to birding photography still so I've just begun to learn the name of birds and their behaviors. Not sure what the name of this bird is - nor the name of the bush he's sitting on. A happy percher behind my work area from yesterday. It was cloudy with occasional misty rain. Not idea light but I thought this one worked out pretty well. Slight crop and Art/Arash NR treatments.

Other: D500/300 PF f4 @ 1/2000. 5.6 420mm, ISO 1250

C&C welcome.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Not sure on this guy either -- where was the image taken? I like the perch, BG colors, and head angle / pose here. Vertical works for me as well. I could see a bit more NR done on the background as well. I know I've harped on this a couple times now but I'm still not quite seeing the fine detail on the bird that I would expect? It looks like too much NR was applied on the bird itself as especially the back feathers look a bit smudged. What settings are you using in neat image for the NR on the bird? TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The bird is a California Towhee. Can't help you with the bush but it sure is a pretty bush. I do think the image quality could be better but this is a step in the right direction. Perch is excellent as is the background. I would also raise the exposure a little as well.