Thread: Yellow-Rumped Warbler

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Yellow-Rumped Warbler

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all,

Here is a recent Yellow-Rumped Warbler frame from NJ, hopefully in anticipation for getting some nice shots when the migratory warblers come back. I did some relatively extensive PP work here -- including cloning out a number of twigs (2 small ones on the perch, and one larger one above the bird), cropping about 35%, adding a bit of canvas to the top, noise reduction the bird and more on the BG due to the high ISO, and then usual stuff such as levels and sharpening. It for sure would have been easier to get it right in camera, but I liked the look back pose and was curious to see if I could get the PP to work and look natural. I felt that I needed the high SS here as these guys fidget so much, but could have done 1/800 and 6.3 or 7.1 probably. This was taken about 40 minutes before sunset. The BG is water and other twigs / sticks along the water.

Camera: Nikon D500
    Lens: 200-500mm f/5.6 at 500mm
    Specs: 1/1250 ISO 2800 f/8

Thanks for looking!
    Alex

Threads
    Thank You Posts

nice little fellow, I like the yellow patch near the chest and the subtle yellows of the tail. I wish the head was more parallel to the back of the camera, especially given that its left side fell in the shade. I also wish the OOF band was not running through the head, I you could have stepped to your right the light angle and BG would have been better

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Arash -- I agree with your critique. Last year there was a number of warblers and waxwings at this spot so I'll try to get a better angle next time. Also, I picked up yours and Artie's post processing and NR guide -- finding it very helpful and clear, thanks for your work on it!