Thread: Tree Swallows - Incoming!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tree Swallows - Incoming!

Attached Images Attached Images

Second go at nailing some tree swallows in action. Unfortunately, the "sitter" had his "nose" on the wrong side of the post - otherwise - I like it fairly well. Other swallow shots to follow for feedback as I got a few that I liked sufficient to keep. TIA on feedback of any kind.

Settings: D500, Tamron 150-600 G2, Handheld, 1/3200, f9, 190mm, ISO 450 - slight NR to bkg in Neat Photo.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Great job on getting a Swallow in flight. I have taken 100s but never had one I thought was worth keeping. From the shadows I am guessing the light was fairly bright here and it looks a bit harsh. I know you can't pick what birds land on but in this case I might just remove the perched bird, pole and board altogether. I hope you don't mind but gave it a quick try.
    Attachment 168577
    Last edited by John Whaley; 04-09-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Whaley View Post
    Great job on getting a Swallow in flight. I have taken 100s but never had one I thought was worth keeping. From the shadows I am guessing the light was fairly bright here and it looks a bit harsh. I know you can't pick what birds land on but in this case I might just remove the perched bird, pole and board altogether. I hope you don't mind but gave it a quick try.
    Attachment 168577
    thanks for the feedback. Yes probably 1.5 hours or so before sunset so the light was strong. I have a number of solo flight shots I'll post later... and this one can take a nice crop too, but I found the pair interactions
    neat to watch and capture even though this is pretty much a one way street. Happy shooting!